Super Contributor

Re: "Not Eligible for Return"

Yes ,   I to was getting ready to order a Martha Stewart item....and suddenly in red lettering I noticed....” not eligible for return “.  I won’t order anything that I Will not be able to return....it looks like all clearance items will not be able Returnable...

and they still want to charge for shipping!!!!..

We shall see how long this lasts...

Respected Contributor

I noticed this yesterday.  I ageee that in B&M you can inspect and try on the item.  What happens if you order one of these and it doesn't fit?  You're stuck.  I wouldn't buy unless it was something I was very sure about.  I hope this policy doesn't become a trend here.

Honored Contributor

it is only on their BLOWOUT SALE items.....no returns unless damaged or a qvc error. i think it is a great idea, especially if you are picking up another color in an item you may already have. there are about 1000 items labeled as BLOWOUT. everything is $19.99 or less......all well over 50% off even if you figure in the shipping charges.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t buy regular priced things and definitely won’t purchase anything that can’t be returned. I suspect this will decrease my QVC spending.

It appears to be on many (not all) clearance items but not on lunchtime specials.

Valued Contributor

This was a really bad business decision. Reviews for as is items are often sketchy too. 

Respected Contributor

Sometimes it's the price you pay for deep discounts. I have successfully ordered "final sale" items from Kate Spade (and returned one which was defective and one that was incorrectly labeled as leather in the description) and Cole Haan (where I have ordered several pairs of shoes at really great prices this summer). I use my knowledge of the product line and previous purchases, as well as product reviews, to decide if I'm willing to take a chance.

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

This was a really bad business decision. Reviews for as is items are often sketchy too. 

Dillards is one store that I know does this for items on final clearance, and they've been around for a long time, and I am sure there are others too!

Frequent Contributor

I'm disappointed to see QVC do this... you pay for the shipping to get it to you, you pay for the shipping to send it back if it does not work out... and now they don't want to take it back?  QVC's good return policy is what always made me willing to buy things, even the as is items.  I guess that I won't be purchaing and will save some money!

Respected Contributor

@rissajaneen wrote:

I'm disappointed to see QVC do this... you pay for the shipping to get it to you, you pay for the shipping to send it back if it does not work out... and now they don't want to take it back?  QVC's good return policy is what always made me willing to buy things, even the as is items.  I guess that I won't be purchaing and will save some money!

Again, this is only for Super Blowout (or whatever they're calling it) items. Regular/sale/clearance/etc. items still have the same old return policy.

Respected Contributor

I jus got 3 items today that aren’t eligible for return unless defective or a Q error.  All 3 are perfect.....a good deal for me.