Honored Contributor

We have a day for everything now...this is just silly. Going braless is not an option. I don't like to be super jiggly, especially in a professional setting.

Honored Contributor

I don't get how this raises awareness at all.

Most women should not go without a bra in public. 

Honored Contributor

This won't be happening at my house .... my girls need support.

Honored Contributor

Bad, bad idea which would do absolutely nothing to bring breast cancer to mind except for those of us who are already aware ---of both BC and this idea itself.

BTW - you can't get to be my age (mid-70's) and not be aware because among every group of friends you're with, one or more is a survivor.  The odds increase the older we get and the need for vigilance does, too. 

Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Brittany, how could a post be offensive to you personally?  We do need to keep aware of the horrible disease and awareness on certain levels keep the cause alive.  Sorry to say not all are concerned unless it affects them in some way.  That does not include females solely. 

My statements are valid

Sorry you don't interpret as such. 

She didn't say your post was offensive to her personally.  She said she received reports that your post was inappropriate.  The only issue with your post was the word she removed when she reposted your comment, because I guess it looked to people like you could be calling the OP a name (you weren't, but whatever.)  She even said you could repost it, and quoted the whole thing for you (minus the offending word) to make that easy for you to do. 

Honored Contributor

I think the person's intentions were good, but there have been many better ways of going about it.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I don't know all of what "awareness" involves with this day .... donations to the Amer Cancer Society? .....  but if so, I'm guessing the silly name of this day gets more mens' attention.

Just speculating ...

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Interesting.  Maybe I will celebrate when they start a National "No Jock Strap/Cup Day" to promote prostate cancer. 

...or a "Going Commando Day."

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

And then some are going to throw a hissy fit for all the unwanted attention "they" are getting.  It's the ole, "My eyes are up HERE."  Geesh! Ya, nothing can go wrong with this idea.  (shaking head)

Honored Contributor

Men must have been responsible for the no-bra day declaration.