Trusted Contributor

So... someone has proclaimed today as "National No Bra Day" in order to supposedly raise breast cancer awareness... but more likely it will simply draw attention to breasts. Bad idea and totally unnecessary, whomever you are who started this.

Valued Contributor

Re: "National No Bra Day"

[ Edited ]

This post has been removed by QVC. Sorry - this was flagged and it may look to some that you are calling the OP a name. The rest is completely okay! Please feel free to re-post. I have pasted your comment in below so that you may re-post more easily. Your post: "Sorry I can't participate. Double mastectomy. If it does raise awareness, I'm all for it. However, breasts have always raised awareness in both males and [removed] females."

Honored Contributor

I agree with you. This idea draws attention to breasts and what we NEED to draw attention to is the lives of the women affected by cancer and the lives of the women both lost and saved after cancer. 

The last thing breasts need is any actual effort to get people to pay attention to them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Women that have had radical mastectomies may not be able to go without their bra and prosthesis. I wish people would quit trying to be PC, and really consider breast cancer survivors. BTW: I am a survivor and I'm SICK of pink!

Honored Contributor

Interesting.  Maybe I will celebrate when they start a National "No Jock Strap/Cup Day" to promote prostate cancer. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Brittany, how could a post be offensive to you personally?  We do need to keep aware of the horrible disease and awareness on certain levels keep the cause alive.  Sorry to say not all are concerned unless it affects them in some way.  That does not include females solely. 

My statements are valid

Sorry you don't interpret as such. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I guess I don't get how not wearing a bra raises breast cancer awareness. 

Honored Contributor

i am fine with participating....in fact,, i participate many times a year. today i am wearing a rhonda shear shaping tank with a shelf bra........not counting that as a traditional bra.  these are great, especially when you are traveling! so comfortable!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

It's no bra day everyday for me.I wear skinny tee's instead!

Respected Contributor

Yeah that isn't going to happen. I would be sent home if I let these baby's go braless. Not to mention how my suit and blouse would be looking without a bra. Not very professional in my office. Glad to see none of my associates got that memo either!