Valued Contributor

Ok, so I'm sitting here at work tonight a little bored and was browsing on HSN and came across a fashion brand called "Mono B"? I've never heard of it before, but as I wear a size XL, I like to look to see how items look on a woman close to my size, so I was browsing the "plus" size...I am in awe at the "model shots" they used!! I'm really not trying to judge anyone at all, but rather that HSN would "approve" these shots to be used on the site...they look like I could have taken them lol...(no photography experience and definitely no modeling experience lol)

I know I cannot link things here and I'm at work so I cannot post a picture, but if you search "Mono B" on HSN you'll see all the different garments and then the corresponding "shots" of those garments...lol My favorite is the "Waffle Ribbed Pullover-Plus" just really odd that's all.

Oh and I'm someone who lives in Cuddl Duds, so I could care less how proper people are dressed it's just like I said more that I'm shocked that they let those pictures past editing lol, compared to all "typical" model shots on there and even here.

Thanks for reading.

~ Hope in TN ~
Trusted Contributor

Well, 😄 I actually expected worse, but definitely not very professional. 

What would bother me, more, though, if, I were  interested in buying,their size chart. 

The page says it's a one size garment, then they say, order by bust size,  but, no bust size given for plus sizes? In fact I didn't  see anything on the chart,that looks like accurate bust sizes, period. 

For the heck of it, looked at size chart for pants. Waist measurements, which seem small, and no hip measurements? Also, I didn't  see any individual garment measurements.  

I just don't know 🤪

Respected Contributor

I think this is why truly plus-sized models are rarely used on shopping channels.

In addition, the photos you're referring to were clearly not photoshopped.

Honored Contributor

OK....I just HAD to take a look.   I have the same "high-low" cardigan, but it's by BB Dakota........bought it at Ross for less than 10 bucks.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I just took a look and I dont see anything wrong with any of the pictures.  Just what should I look for?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I just took a look at the photos and have to say I wasn't shocked. Maybe a couple of the pictures could have been polished up a little. But, nothing astonishing IMO. Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I don't see anything different about these pictures.  The clothing is oversized and shapeless.  How can it be made to look better??

Valued Contributor

Ty to the ladies who "get" what I was talking about :-) It's really not a huge deal, more of just an observation that I made and was a little taken back, b/c I've never seen "professional" photo shots that look like that. The shirt is creased/wrinkled. The model looks as if she was caught off guard, hunched over/down--this is the "high low cardigan" one...it's the front pic..if you type in mono b and then just scroll down you can see it. 

Thx for taking a look ladies, I appreciate it. To those who don't see anything "off" about the poses/pictures I don't know what to say. She is a beautiful model and they didn't utilize her like they should have. This has NOTHING to do with her weight. It's the WAY she was asked/made to "pose" (if you can even call it that) it looks like they just grabbed a camera took one pic and just used it. No editing, nothing. lol Heck, they didn't even take time to make sure the clothes were presentable!! (in the still shots of the clothes w/o the model) they are wrinkled/etc....As I stated I'm no neat freak, hell I live in Cuddl Duds all year round and NEVER dress up, but I guess I'm just used to seeing a "typical" type of photo for fashion on these sites and it was just a little weird to see something done in such a different format. I guess as another posted said, there is no photoshopping, but I don't think photoshop could correct someones posture can it?? Maybe it can. Who knows.

~ Hope in TN ~
Respected Contributor
I’m not sure what the problem with the pictures is. They’re the stock photos from the brand.
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see anything unusual about the photos.  I've seen much worse elsewhere.