Respected Contributor

Re: •••"Married at 1st Sight" Season 3???•••

Season 2 was as bad as Season 1 was good. 

I had also read that the Season 3 couples were already wed (in Atlanta) and had started filming shortly before Season 2 wrapped.  If this is true and the network decided to drop the series, I would feel horrible for the three couples who actually got married with the understanding that they would be on this show, only to have the cameramen flip the switch and walk off. 

I would watch another season, just to see if they could possibly improve on Season 2.  It's a fascinating premise if all participants are in it for the right reason and self aware enough to realize it will be challenging.  In Season 2 it seemed like Jaclyn was the only one out of the six participants who actually tried to make it work.

Valued Contributor

I watched the 2nd season (because that's when I heard about it), but really wish I could catch the 1st one somewhere.

So... sounds like they actually filmed the 3rd season but won't be showing it? That's a bummer.

Was the reaction to the 2nd season that bad? holey moley.

Honored Contributor

@Jolexi wrote:

I'm confused...I thought Ryan and Jessica (as well as the other two couples) were married in December of 2014?  How could they have separated after 2 years if it hasn't even been a full year since the wedding?  Is that a typo from the article written that might mean they decided to end the marriage 2 months after the 6 week experiment was over?  Just curious...

The couples were married in December 2014, so it had to have been a typo in the article. As tends2dog said, it doesn't surprise me this season was rushed to get on the air. None of the couples stayed together, and I had strong hope for Ryan and Jaclyn, but the three girls are still close and do a lot together. 

I, too, heard the third season had already finished filming in Atlanta. The reluctance of FYI to broadcast it might be because it didn't have much of a marital success rate either. 

Also, DD and I started watching FYI shows after the first season. A lot of the ones they would advertise would end up being one or two episodes, then disappear. We watched Best in Bridal (which is supposed to be coming back) and Find my First Love (which disappeared after 2 or three episodes). It just seems their programming is all over the place!

Every once in a while an FYI show will include a brief update (during commercial time) of Doug and Jamie and Jason and Cortney. I always enjoy those. 

I hope there is a season 3. I think the show is cute and I like watching it. Once again, I don't believe the ENTIRE show is unscripted! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I only watched Season 2.  It was a heartbreaker and Davina was obnoxious.  I won't watch another season.  

Super Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I enjoyed Season 1 but Season 2 was sometimes painful to watch. I would probably watch season 3 to see if it was more successful but if it ends up like Season 2 they might as well axe the whole show. 

I T A

Valued Contributor

@Bookbabe wrote:

@itsmagic wrote:

I enjoyed Season 1 but Season 2 was sometimes painful to watch. I would probably watch season 3 to see if it was more successful but if it ends up like Season 2 they might as well axe the whole show. 

I T A

Same here.