Esteemed Contributor

Re: "MOST" POPULAR GIRLS' NAMES IN EACH GENERATION

[ Edited ]

I was supposed to be Susan but the woman mom shared a room with after delivery lost her daughter.  She had named her daughter Susan and when they came in to ask mom what name to put on the birth certificate she could not bring herself to say Susan.

I ended up being the third generation with the same first name.  In later years when gram, mom and I would be together and someone would call out our name we would answer which one--young, younger or youngest.

ETA:  I'm a boomer.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

The names that were popular when I went to school were Martha, Sandra, Yolanda, Rosemary and Dolores.  

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I swear every other girl was a "Kim" when I was in school (I'm a boomer) but my best friends were twins named Karen & Sharon! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I'm a boomer ( I don't like that word) lol, but anyway my name is Deborah. I never liked it when I was a kid. There were quite a few others, but I really like it now.

Honored Contributor

I am a boomer and I am not popular.  My name is a derivative of another name, one I never see as "popular:.

I guess I am unique for something.  LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Baby Boomer here with the middle name "Sue" ... the list from the OP is absolutely correct as my family members all had/have those names she listed.

My guess for the 2013-Alpha generation will be any character on popular TV shows...I am seeing that now with friends naming their new pets (e.g., Dutton).

Valued Contributor

Yep. Another Boomer with middle name Sue!

Also, first name is Amy but spelled Aimee.

And, add Marsha or Marcia to Boomers.

Isabelle or Isabella to the Gen Z group.

Predict many untraditional names in the future.

Super Contributor

Well there were 12 Susans on my college dorm floor so I would say YUP!  This is accurate. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I hear Olivia is currently very popular.  My name will never make any list.  According to Social Security, only 4 children a year are given my name in the US.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm a boomer and neither my first, or middle name are on any of these lists. None of the more current ones, either. For example, my middle name is Karlane (lol, my name reads as a spelling error). First name not common either.

Most common names during school years were: Lots of Linda's and Mary's, but also fair number of Cheryl's, Susan's, Sharon's and Dianne's.