Honored Contributor

"MAKEOVERGUY"'S 78 YEAR OLD MOM RUNS THRU HER MAKEUP ROUTINE

Remember the "Makeover Guy",  Christopher Hopkins, who works such extraordinary transformations on his clients?

He has said his fascination with beauty stems from childhood, watching his lovely Mom, Joann Hopkins, and her artistry with cosmetics. 

At 78, she prefers and wants a full makeup-- and is willing to do it.  Why not, she gets such beautiful results.

Below is the short, 3 minute video version of how she gets them. (There's also a 40 minute version online.)

I enjoy her honesty, her humor and her personality.  The sleek silver wig she wears at the end also is very enhancing to her stylish look.  And they give resources for everything:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdmnnSI4Ay4

Trusted Contributor

Re: "MAKEOVERGUY"'S 78 YEAR OLD MOM RUNS THRU HER MAKEUP ROUTINE

My Mom was a beauty and wore full makeup till she died at 90. Not for me but I admire the daily effort.

Respected Contributor

She really looks great.

Two things I noticed, she uses lift tapes behind her ears to pull skin up and back and she doesn't remove make up ever.  She said she only takes it off to put it back on in the a.m.  

Honored Contributor

Love the wig!  I think there's somwhere inbetween looking like the "before" and a heavy duty and to me unnatural looking "after" but whatever makes you happy!!   Can't imagine going to sleep with all that ****** on my face--LOL!!!

Valued Contributor

Wow what a difference! Looks like two different people with a 20 year age difference.
Valued Contributor

First of all, she looks absolutely amazing in the After shot - I admire her spirit and her determiation to look the best she can.

She is not the first lady to say she does not remove her makeup at night - the theory being that if she dies during the night, she wants to look her best!

Doing this does not seem to have damaged her skin at all.  

I have to admit that the whole time I was working I did not remove my makeup at night either - with one "unless" - if it was extremely warm and I had to walk up my hill from the train station, off came the makeup -

Since the pandemic, I have not even worn lipstick -  and I try to avoid looking in a  mirror - 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the wig. It's a very flattering style. I'd like to get some of that tape she uses. I didn't see her use foundation. Did I miss this step? Anyway, she likes what she does and she isn't shy about sharing her routine. 

UPDATED EDIT: I watched the video again and she does pat on foundation but she never showed the product. 

Esteemed Contributor

When she first started lining her lips it was kind of scary. So he was patting near her ears applying tape? I was wondering what he was doing.

Respected Contributor

Fun to watch!  

If you click "Show More" under the video, there will be a link (his website)

to all the products used.

I was surprised at the Maybelline mascara.  The lift tape is a product that can be bought on Amazon, Secret Lift Pro - Face and Eye Lift (Light Hair)
by CosmeSearch, Inc.

Interesting!  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D,  I think they showed her briefly smoothing something on her face (presumably foundation?) just before she was brushing on powder.   Also, I could be wrong, I think in the longer video online, there's more on the foundation...

A few more thoughts:  She goes for drama!  Somewhere her son mentioned that in his youth she had long black hair.  So she's a Winter,  ('seasonally" speaking).  That might explain her interest in dramatic flair and a more "high contrast" aesthetic, I think.  Her coloring reminds me very much of my mother's--  very black hair (originally),  hazel eyes, and medium to fair complexion.  So, she's doing an age-appropriate, slightly softened but still "full-on" make-up look, that a Winter might be drawn to.  My Summer coloring is more "anemic", ha, and I need to do a sort of dialed down version....

I wondered also where she was going with that highly defined lip, but she buffed it down and went with a soft, final lipstick that complemented her so nicely....