Honored Contributor

Re: "MAKEOVERGUY"'S 78 YEAR OLD MOM RUNS THRU HER MAKEUP ROUTINE

Quite a transformation! 

Respected Contributor

❤️❤️❤️. Thanks for sharing the link @Oznell !  
That lady has gorgeous skin and barely any wrinkles!  I can't believe she is 78. Good for her! YOLO. 
Yes, agree, makeup does make a huge difference, for all of us really. But we need to personally assess &  highlight our assets and not bring attention to the flaws... That's the trick!  

Trusted Contributor

That was fun to watch. She looked beautiful and I enjoyed her personality. 

I know there are some who go to bed with makeup on but I couldn’t ever do that. I have to wash my face. 

Honored Contributor

I like makeup but I hope she has a daytime look.  She went from none to extremely glamorous looking.  Actually, she looked good without any......just needed her hair done up.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

I like makeup but I hope she has a daytime look.  She went from none to extremely glamorous looking.  Actually, she looked good without any......just needed her hair done up.

@Mmsfoxxie   That's what I thought. That's a heck of a lot of makeup for an everyday look. She was piling it on pretty thick.  I could see this for a photo shoot but not to walk around in.I think it would look way too much.  But I was intrigued by the tape. Boy would I like to do this. 

Respected Contributor

I have no idea who this "Makeover Guy" is, but his mom sure doesn't look 78.

Her skin is beautiful, and I couldn't believe what she did with her lips. Initially, I thought they would be too exaggerated, but the effect was natural on her. She has a good head of hair, but the wig looked nice.

I really enjoyed that clip!

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

@mamaslittlepotato wrote:
Wow what a difference! Looks like two different people with a 20 year age difference.

I could not believe the transformation, either.

She is a naturally pretty lady as it is, but when she was done putting on her make-up, she looked incredibly beautiful and stunning!

She didn't look like she was even 78 to me, but years younger! Amazing! Heart

Honored Contributor

I know how she feels. "That's not me; THIS is me." So true.

I don't do what she does every day, but when I do wear makeup, it does look more like "me" in the mirror. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

The lip lining surprised me. I had a professional makeup application done, years ago, and was told I should start my liner above my natural lip line, on top.  I have done this, going just a tad above.  This woman goes quite a bit over, yet it works! 

she also uses black eyeliner on both her top and lower lash line.  I use charcoal on my lower lash line. Whatever she does, it's unexpected to me, and not what I do, but she looks great!

Trusted Contributor

@september wrote:

The lip lining surprised me. I had a professional makeup application done, years ago, and was told I should start my liner above my natural lip line, on top.  I have done this, going just a tad above.  This woman goes quite a bit over, yet it works! 

she also uses black eyeliner on both her top and lower lash line.  I use charcoal on my lower lash line. Whatever she does, it's unexpected to me, and not what I do, but she looks great!

I had also learned that the way to line your lips with lip pencil was the way that you learned to do it.

I have small, naturally full lips, thanks to my Dad's genes. Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy

What I found that works best for me is just using a clear lip pencil to keep lipstick or gloss from feathering, and then just using regular lipstick, gloss, etc. 

For me personally, I don't need my lips to look any fuller than they already do. Smiley Very Happy