Honored Contributor

"LET'S GO CAT!"

[ Edited ]

Cat given most valuable player award at Yankee Stadium during the Yankee/Orioles game after it ran out into the field to join the players.

Video below.  Pay attention to the cheering fans.

Yankee Stadium grounds crew members try to catch a cat that entered the fieldYankee Cat: This cat at Yankee Stadium was the highlight of Monday's 7-1 loss to the Orioles (shoren...  

Respected Contributor

I felt so sorry for that poor little cat. It must have just been terrified. Hope all turns out well for the kitty,

Honored Contributor

@catter70 - I thought the same thing.  All those people chasing it instead of trying to get the cat to come to them.  The crowd shouting.  And there was no mention of what happened after the clip finished - just "it got away".  Away to where?

It seemed like it was in good health, so I hope it has a home somewhere nearby and got there safely.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

poor kitty! 😿

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

That's a cat's nightmare. It probably used up 5 of it's 9 lives due to the terror. Hope it's okay.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the cat was terrified, but all they wanted to do was get it off the field not thinking about how they were making it even more terrified.  

I'm sure it found a way out of the stadium and went home never to go back there again.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Yes, the cat was terrified, but all they wanted to do was get it off the field not thinking about how they were making it even more terrified.  

I'm sure it found a way out of the stadium and went home never to go back there again.  

@Foxxee 

There's been similar instances of cats running on a stadium field...What I read are these are feral cats that have been dumped at a stadium.  SOME stadiums have people that try to catch the animals and turn them over to a shelter, but then again, if shelters are overflowing the animal could even be euthanized.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee 

There's been similar instances of cats running on a stadium field...What I read are these are feral cats that have been dumped at a stadium.  SOME stadiums have people that try to catch the animals and turn them over to a shelter, but then again, if shelters are overflowing the animal could even be euthanized.

@Spurt 

My last sentence was "wishful thinking."  I thought feral, too, but it looked quite healthy; however, there are always people who feed them.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee 

@Spurt 

My last sentence was "wishful thinking."  I thought feral, too, but it looked quite healthy; however, there are always people who feed them.  

@Foxxee 

Sometimes the stadium people will feed them.....or sometimes the ferals are welcomed as "rodent control"...............

Honored Contributor

Poor kitty! Must have been so scared!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"