Respected Contributor

Re: "Jeopardy" Contestant Matt Jackson

I'm not really enjoying his stint.  It makes for a boring show when you don't even need to watch the second half to know who wins.

Honored Contributor

I don't like him and keep hoping he will lose. 

My least favorite part is the interview  portion and usually change the channel during it. I don't care how they met their spouse, their hobby, or how many countries they have visited...

Valued Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

My least favorite part is the interview  portion and usually change the channel during it. I don't care how they met their spouse, their hobby, or how many countries they have visited...

I have a lot of respect for contestants who make the cut. I'm curious as to their background. Sometimes the "interview" really misses the mark and is annoying, i'll give you that! Smiley Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

I enjoy watching him. If they want him to slow down, it's probably because they don't want him to make it through all the questions and make more money. If there are questions left, the less money they have to pay out.

I also like that he stands up straight and doesn't make any annoying hand gestures/facial expressions.

One lady kept making a crazed-looking smile on her face and sort of shook her head every time she answered correctly. Another lady would gesture toward the board every time she chose a topic. They know where their board is...no need to point it out. It's very annoying and I always hope someone else wins when they do that.

I agree - it's very distracting, when they have contestants who are making all sorts of faces and gestures during the game.  Or you get the ones who frantically keep trying to press the buzzer.  I just want them to calm down.  And one recently sort of "sang" a lot.

I've warmed up to this guy and am impressed by his breadth of knowledge.  Kudos to him, if he can continue winning.  After all, no one comes on the game to lose and I doubt any of us know how we'd "look" on air.  He seemed quite nice tonight talking about his mom and dad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

You don't even know the man but you "don't like him"?  And how mean-spirited to "keep hoping he will lose".

I wish they still had the "thumbs down" icon on these boards because I'd surely be clicking on it for this response. 

Only "occasional rain"?

Trusted Contributor

When one person starts to dominate, I start getting bored.  

I love Jeopardy and have watched it for decades.  But I don't like it when one person just rolls over the other contestants, day after day after day.  And I don't care for his style or his voice.  I guess I'll be taking a break from Jeopardy for awhile.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

You don't even know the man but you "don't like him"?  And how mean-spirited to "keep hoping he will lose".

I wish they still had the "thumbs down" icon on these boards because I'd surely be clicking on it for this response. 

Only "occasional rain"?

Well, if you hope he wins than you are hoping both the other two will lose. So, I could have worded it differently as in hoping one of the other two would win. Same thing.

I don't have to know someone to observe their behavior and find it unpleasant and unlikable. 

It's true that I'm not easily impressed and that I'm not fond of most people, but I do like most dogs if that redeems me any.

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I don't enjoy watching him at all  - almost painful to watch.  We have stopped watching until he isn't a contestant anymore.  Different strokes for different folks.

Valued Contributor

Love Matt! I think it's thrilling to watch how far he goes on winning / dominating on Jeopardy. He could be there for a month and I would continue to watch. Personality does not bother me in the least. In fact, I find him endearing. Reminds me of a couple of people I know.

Trusted Contributor

As you well know by now, if you don't like him ("can't stand him",etc.) no  one is forcing you to watch.

But if you do, why can't you be mature and appreciate the brain God gave him ? The charateristic attacks are not necessary to the game, and just speak a lot about you.

Wouldn't it be a nicer thread if you didn't come on here to criticize someone possibly gifted more than you ? No, you look for other things to criticize.

You only have to tolerate nicely what bugs you if you insist on watching to see the others.

Don't "love to hate" and post about it.