Respected Contributor

Re: "Jeopardy" Contestant Matt Jackson

@VanSleepy wrote:

I don't have a problem with the guy.  I just don't enjoy watching the same person day after day after day creaming the other two.  

There is another way of looking at it....how long can he go undefeated and it will be a sweet victory for the one who defeats him.  

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Today he mentioned that his friend encouraged him to take the test to qualify to be a contestant, so he does have a social life.

Lol! So does Sheldon.....

i know Matt likely cannot help it, but to me, it actually comes off as rude, the way he interrupts/ talks over Alex on nearly every question...

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Today he mentioned that his friend encouraged him to take the test to qualify to be a contestant, so he does have a social life.

i know Matt likely cannot help it, but to me, it actually comes off as rude, the way he interrupts/ talks over Alex on nearly every question...

High intelligence isn't a guarantee for good manners. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

he has set up a facebook page that you can follow. he makes comments and clarifications on his decisions and strategies. i did not see the show tonight so i am not sure if he won thursdays game or not.

https://www.facebook.com/MattJacksonJeopardy

here is a time magazine article about him. i didnt realize he is only 23!

http://time.com/4066757/internet-obsessed-with-jeopardy-champion-matt-jackson/

Thanks for posting those, Sunshine, I really enjoyed the video and the Facebook messages too.

His personality really shone through on the video He’s an adorable twenty-three year old (23? Wow!) who happens to be wicked smart. I'm in awe of his knowledge. 

Some people get tired of seeing the same person win day after day but I don't. After all, we continuously see the one and done, or winners who stay around for a few days until someone else beats them. What’s truly rare are the Matt Jacksons and Ken Jennings who have what it takes to be continually exceptional and then “Boom!” Sorry, I had to do that. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Does anyone know if Matt has Asperger's syndrome or is on the autism spectrum?

Respected Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

To those of you who are tired of seeing him win day after day...Would you think differently if it were your husband or son who was competing and winning the money day after day? That would be different then, right?

Of course it would be different if he were my son lol

It's not so much that he wins, it's that he wins by so much that it makes the show boring to me.  That's all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If Matt wins today, he ties Arthur Chu's record of regular games won.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@straykatz wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

High intelligence isn't a guarantee for good manners. Smiley Wink

Is t that the truth! But Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of Asbergers.....

Respected Contributor

Is it not possible for a person to just be highly intelligent, well-read, focused, & extremely competitive?

Esteemed Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

Is it not possible for a person to just be highly intelligent, well-read, focused, & extremely competitive?

@DoneTryin Thank You!!

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow