Valued Contributor

"It takes a very long time to become young."

~Pablo Picasso

I thought some of you big kids might enjoy these little gems... I loved #6.  Busted! 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/family/44-hilarious-kids-letters-to-santa/ss-BBgD4Wk?ocid=U348DHP...

Respected Contributor

Re: "It takes a very long time to become young."

Ah but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  Bob Dylan

Honored Contributor

Sweet!  I liked "Text my dad!" Smiley Happy

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

@AliJoi5, thanks for these! My favorite was #34 from the little guy who asked Santa to fix his dad's brain tumor. Gollllllly! 

I can't wait for Tuesday. Our Kiwanis Club sponsors two families for Christmas, so on Tuesday, two of us are going to meet a single mom, who is a disabled vet, at Walmart and tell her she has $500 to spend on anything she wants (no liquor or cigs). We know that for Thanksgiving she and her two kids had ramen noodles and toast, so we're expecting to see a lot of groceries in her cart. This experience is the best part of Christmas to me. Woman Happy

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

Ah but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  Bob Dylan

I love, love, love that you posted these Dylan lyrics.  You rule @Isobel Archer.

Valued Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Too funny!!  I also like the little one who asked to be turned into a dragon... "pleeeeease!!!"  And the one who apologizes for the mom's lack of baking skills.  Smiling Face With Open Mouth and Tightly-Closed Eyes

Valued Contributor

@MaggieMack  I don't think I got that far in... I'm going to have to go back and read that one!  I'll get the hanky ready.

I must tell you, I'd never heard of Kiwanis before, and had to google it...

Kiwanis
Nonprofit organization · kiwanis.org
Kiwanis International is an international, coeducational service club founded in 1915 in Detroit, Michigan. It is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States and is found in more than 80 nations and geographic areas. Wikipedia

Founded: January 21, 1915

What a wonderful organization to be a part of...  thank you for giving back!!  I can't think of a truer spirit of Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@AliJoi5 wrote:

@Preds wrote:

Too funny!!  I also like the little one who asked to be turned into a dragon... "pleeeeease!!!"  And the one who apologizes for the mom's lack of baking skills.  Smiling Face With Open Mouth and Tightly-Closed Eyes

Don't eat the cookies!!!!  LOL 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Occasional Contributor

Being a "big kid" myself, I thoroughly enjoyed those letters.  I like the little girl's note that said she wanted that "little thing that can turn into anything at anytime."  LOL  And also "1,000 bucks."  Thanks for posting!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Glad it gave you a giggle @Ghee Buttersnaps!!  Face Savouring Delicious Food