Honored Contributor

That Mika lady on the Morning Joe show will preface her opinions with "I'm sorry" This makes me wonder who she is apologizing to.  If she doesn't have a backbone to feel comfortable with her opinions, then she should just read the news and let the others on the show voice their opinions.

Valued Contributor

Definitely NOT valley speak. No one in California says "stinkin'". Sounds so tacky 

Esteemed Contributor

My son's air-conditioner stopped working.  He just texted me that he found 3 dead mice in the electrical panel......now that calls for the word "stinkin!"  lol.....

Honored Contributor

It's just an expression.  NOT an apology in a real sense of the word.  It's something people just say, like "like" or "you see" or "ideally" and "blah blah blah."  

Honored Contributor
Mary Beth constantly saying, The fact is. She used this often. Never bothered me. Did notice after all these years she says that. 💁
Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you...forty years in the Valley, never heard anyone use that phrase.

@jewel3 wrote:

Definitely NOT valley speak. No one in California says "stinkin'". Sounds so tacky 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I have a friend who says "stinking cute"....a lot...lol    As for the "I'm sorry" thing, that's just some speech idiosyncracy thing that some people have.  You must have heard it before.  The two things together is probably what annoys you so much.  You can ignore one nonsense thing but  not two.

Frequent Contributor

I absolutely hate that "stinkin cute" phrase! I cringe whenever I hear one of the

hosts say it, especially Jane. Are they trying to be hip, or what? It just sounds

tacky and classless. I wish that phrase would just disappear!

Esteemed Contributor

Just a personal annoyance, but constant apologies is a pet peeve of mine. This waters down the meaning of the phrase. You seldom hear men throwing around needless apologies.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

Jennifer C. said "stinkin' cute" multiple times on one of her shows on Friday afternoon. 

I think it's a weird expression.