Esteemed Contributor

Anyone "like" their page on facebook?

It's stories and interviews about random every day people.  Some of the stories are happy, sad, uplifting, etc.

I just read a story about a young man who took care of his mom while she was il and then lost his job because of missing days. He discovered he liked taking care of people and now wants to be a nurse.

The saddest story I read was about a young couple who were photographed after their marriage - the the HONY author found them while their infant daughter was in the hospital for lifesaving surgery...she didn't make it.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

yes, i like several "humans of....." pages on facebook......all of them interesting....some sad, some happy, some inspirational, some thoughtful......

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

yes, i like several "humans of....." pages on facebook......all of them interesting....some sad, some happy, some inspirational, some thoughtful......

@sunshine45

I'm going to buy his book. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

MyGirlsMom wrote:

sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45

I'm going to buy his book. Woman Happy

didnt know he had a book!.....thanks, will check it out on amazon.....love how his idea caught on. you can find a lot of "humans of......" pages on facebook  from all over the world.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

He's focusing on the plight of refugees. Stories have been heartwrenching yet hopeful. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor
I follow them on occasion as well as Jerusalem,Tel Aviv and Tehran.
Esteemed Contributor

My husband bought this book for me a few years ago.  It's a beautiful coffee table book.  Every time someone sits down in my living room, they automatically pick up the book and look through it.  It's like a magnet.  It just calls to you.......

Respected Contributor

I read HONY several times a day.The series he just finished on the refugees was so horrifying, yet they all still had hope. The new book will contain stories that haven't appeared on the site before and I do want to order it.

Brandon has done a wonderful job with this website, folks from all over the world read it and one never knows who will make a comment or what will happen when the posters band together to make a difference-

Esteemed Contributor

I love the FB page and didn't even realize there were pages for other cities too.  It's all I can do to keep up with New York though..

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

This is a story about and older couple:

"We lived in Idaho, but our dairy farm went broke when the government dropped the price support for milk. Then I saw an ad in the paper looking for someone to build a library for Alaska’s first Eskimo college. I needed a job, and I’d studied library science in college, so we packed up all our kids and moved to Alaska. We stayed for 17 years, and I started libraries in about a dozen Eskimo villages. We lived for a few years in Barrow, which is the northernmost city in the United States. It was completely dark for several months a year. The temperature would fall below zero in October, and wouldn’t get back above zero until May. We’ve had an interesting life for a couple of farm kids.”