Honored Contributor

Re: "Hearting" a Post Here - What Exactly Does it Mean?

@Yardlie

@Yardlie wrote:

To me, the heart does not necessarily mean that I agree with what the poster said. It is just a way of expressing some sort of emotion: "I empathize with you." "That's funny." "I'm sorry to hear that." "My thoughts are with you."  It can mean whatever you want it to mean, just as a real heart feels many emotions. Basically, it is just a quick way of responding when you want to leave a "message" but either don't have the time or don't know exactly what to say. Let's face it...we live in a rush, rush world.

Very well said! Totally agree. Heart

Honored Contributor

while some have said they do, i definitely DONT heart something that i disagree with.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

while some have said they do, i definitely DONT heart something that i disagree with.

I don't either, @sunshine45.  I wish they had a thumbs down ICON...........really!!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

As for me it can mean:

I agree with you/ feeling you/ understand where you’re coming from, if it’s someone I ‘know’ it might also mean:

Hi

Good to see you

Thinking of you

Thanks for posting this

As the Queen of Hearts said, (ironic giving the context) ‘it means exactly what I want it to mean, nothing more, nothing less.)

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I haven't been hearting at all ,lately. I have arm issues a,nd I just figure it is one less thing I have to do. I rest my arm as much as possible

Honored Contributor

I hope they never get a thumbs down here.  No benefit IMO.

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

I noticed that some people who start a thread will heart all who reply as a way of acknowledging their participation and not necessarily applauding their opinion.  I too have done that but it does give the recipient the wrong message if you are in complete disagreement with their opinion.  But who cares anyway, you know?  I can't honestly remember who all I heart until I see the list on the left margin.  Woman Surprised

I have seen some posters 'heart' posts that I am pretty sure were disparaging to them.  Not sure why they would.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

I wouldn't heart something I disagreed with either.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

I don't either, @sunshine45.  I wish they had a thumbs down ICON...........really!!

@tends2dogs  That would sink this place for good.

Hearts are positive; I've seen thumbs down elsewhere, just to be mean, on the most innocent of posts.

Some posters use them because they just don't like another poster; no sense stirring up more nonsense around here.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Hi Sunny, @sunala

Can only speak for myself on this topic, and it will be short. It says: "I kinda like and/or agree with your post".

JOhn(hckynut)

hckynut(john)