Honored Contributor

"Halfway to Christmas" at Evine?!

[ Edited ]

Yesterday was the first day of summer. So, what a perfect time to sell Christmas ornaments from Mackenzie Childs, at Evine.... NOT!! "We're halfway to Christmas!" exclaimed the host.

And today, one of their TTVs is a 7.5 foot pre-lit artificial Christmas tree!

The countdown has begun. Can "Christmas in July" at the Q be far behind?

It's the last thing l want to think about on the first day of summer. It happens every year. Deja vu all over again!  Woman Frustrated

And please don't tell me not to watch. I WANT to watch, but seasonally-appropriate items, please!!  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Re: "Halfway to Christmas" at Evine?!

I'm done and over QVC's seasonally appropriate offerings. 

Nothing but endless clothing, beauty, handbags and shoes. 

Cut a little slack to those of us who only get a few days a year for events we enjoy (cooking home decor or Christmas). 90 % of the year is the same old same old, on Q especially.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2. I agree.  When I turned on the local weather report this morning and heard it's going to be 102° here today, it occured to me that's really a perfect day to be thinking of Christmas.  Not!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm done and over QVC's seasonally appropriate offerings. 

Nothing but endless clothing, beauty, handbags and shoes. 

Cut a little slack to those of us who only get a few days a year for events we enjoy (cooking home decor or Christmas). 90 % of the year is the same old same old, on Q especially.

@Mominohio: I hear ya! 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I read somewhere that holiday sales can make up to 30% of all sales.  Given that, it makes sense that retailers would devote so much of their time and space to it.  Unfortunately, that means we get it shoved down our throats for 50% of the time!

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

Yesterday was the first day of summer. So, what a perfect time to sell Christmas ornaments from Mackenzie Childs, at Evine.... NOT!! "We're halfway to Christmas!" exclaimed the host.

It's the last thing l want to think about on the first day of summer. It happens every year. Deja vu all over again!  Woman Frustrated

And please don't tell me not to watch. I WANT to watch, but seasonally-appropriate items, please!!  Woman Surprised

@handygal2

Well, retailers are ALWAYS a season ahead, but that's stretching it a bit.   I always assumed that all these Christmas in July shows are for grandparents and people on a very tight budget, allowing them to get a "head start" on the holidays with easy pays.

Get this ------  I was in a store yesterday, June 21st, and they already had a display of Back To School supplies!  The current season means nothing to retailers.  The upside is that when they are bringing out next season's stuff it's the time to look to get first pick on anything you're looking to purchase.  Or not.   Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you feel programming is "shoved down our throats" you are unaware of your own free will and cable and streaming video system and the literally HUNDREDS of channels avaiable to watch in our American culture ( unlike other countries with  govt run television). There are libraries, the internet and the greatvoutdoors to entertain and inform us. Magazi as too. 

It's not shoved down my throat. I control what I watch and don't watch. If I'm in the mood, I love the holiday show. Nice break from the heat of summer thoughts. But you won't see me disparage clothes etc. Just because I'll never buy them. That is when I simpley...do/ watch ...something...else. imagine that...

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@handygal2

Well, retailers are ALWAYS a season ahead, but that's stretching it a bit.   I always assumed that all these Christmas in July shows are for grandparents and people on a very tight budget, allowing them to get a "head start" on the holidays with easy pays.

Get this ------  I was in a store yesterday, June 21st, and they already had a display of Back To School supplies!  The current season means nothing to retailers.  The upside is that when they are bringing out next season's stuff it's the time to look to get first pick on anything you're looking to purchase.  Or not.   Woman LOL

Almost all schools will be back in session in two months or less from today. 

Many families have to spread out back to school purchases a little every week, to fill all their children's needs. And those on once a month incomes have only two checks to get it done. 

Long gone is the day when school started after Labor Day for most people, and some even have year round schools.

Esteemed Contributor

I just watched for a bit for the heck of it!  Their products were nice, but very expensive!  And the S/H is so high! I did not see anything I wanted nor needed....

Honored Contributor

Oh please no....I can’t even think of Christmas right now!!! I’m living in the present - no pun intended! 😀