Respected Contributor

That doesn't bother me. From where I am in the South, my friends and acquaintances frequently use that term...and I am in my 70s. I'm not sure what term I would use if I ever could get out of that habit. I do try to not use it when I am talking with groups of women that aren't from here or that aren't my close friends. Saying "y'all" every two words bothers me although I'm guessing I probably use that, too, just not to the extent that some on air do. I don't believe I ever use it just as a statement followed by nothing.

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

Courtney seriously needs to STOP referring to every female guest this way. She is definitely showing her youth. People do not go around referring to others as "girl". It sounds like slang and is very unprofessional. 

Several hosts on HSN use that term ... "gurrrrrrrrrrrlllll, you look great in that outfitl"  

I can't stand when one woman addresses another as "honey."  She does this a lot.

Esteemed Contributor
It’s commonly used in my area & it doesn’t bother me. I like Courtney & think she’s lovely.
Esteemed Contributor

I hear this term a lot by women of all ages.  It doesn't bother me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

Courtney seriously needs to STOP referring to every female guest this way. She is definitely showing her youth. People do not go around referring to others as "girl". It sounds like slang and is very unprofessional. 

Several hosts on HSN use that term ... "gurrrrrrrrrrrlllll, you look great in that outfitl"  

I can't stand when one woman addresses another as "honey."  She does this a lot.

her sidekick's favorite-(and annoying) i "my love". so insincere.

Frequent Contributor

Her hair extensions and new face are more distracting than anything that comes out of her mouth. 

Honored Contributor

In my area, the word girl is reserved for females 12 years and under.  Beyond that they are teenagers, then women.  

Honored Contributor

Courtney is a cool girl.  She's expected to talk like that.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Well how do ya like them apples!?!    First time that I agree with the OP.

@PhilaLady1   lol.  Maybe she's mellowing as I recently agreed with her on something too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Courtney is a cool girl.  She's expected to talk like that.  Smiley Happy

@ValuSkr  Maybe Court is supposed to counter Jane who is an uncool wannabe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment