Honored Contributor

"Get Order Updates, etc. thru FB Messenger"?

I just made a purchase and during the checkout where it showed my order info, there was a message with a pre-checked box that said "Receive order updates and special offers through Facebook Messenger."

The fine print below that stated that QVC would share your purchase info with Facebook and they would use it according to their policies.

This is not word for word, but it did say that Q would not share your personal profile with FB.

I don't want ANYTHING about me shared with FB! I unchecked the box.

Just a head's up in case someone doesn't notice this when making a purchase here, if you don't uncheck that box, your purchase info will be shared with FB.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: "Get Order Updates, etc. thru FB Messenger"?

That's been like that for a few months now.  You have to make sure the box is unchecked.

I think it's horrible...

Honored Contributor

@Bri36

Thank you, I haven't bought anything here since early November, so I hadn't seen it and I sure haven't read anything here on the forums about it, but I may have missed it.

Just another reason I shop here less & less I guess.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

This is one thing that boiled my blood. I couldnt believe it the first time it happened but thought it was a fluke of some sort. When I had another order, it happened again but I didnt notice anything to unclick when I was submitting my order, obviously I might of missed it.  But I called qvc and had them remove it from my account.  It was funny because at first I was wondering why I wasnt getting an order email from them.  While I dont think it was showing in my feed to others I still dont need to receive my order details through facebook. I dont have much personal information on there and dont use it much either.  What is the world are they thinking.  I think that is so wrong.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom, it was well before November.  

There were a few threads in other forums.  I'm sure a lot of people don't even know about the issue.

Respected Contributor

Zulilly does it too. I did not realize and it was on Facebook. I wrote & told them I do not want it on there. I hate it that companies can do this to people.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies

Thank you! I just called CS and had that removed too!Heart

Honored Contributor

@Bri36

Then I may have just missed it, it is small and in a light blue print that's easy to miss.

I took @aprilskies advice and just called CS and had them uncheck that box!

Honored Contributor

i get my order updates via facebook messenger and via text messages.

not sure just why everyone is so against it, but it doesnt bother me at all.

if you dont want it, check your settings or call customer service to opt out.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Yeah, I didn't realize it was like that at first and since I set my husband's phone up to share my facebook page, he started getting messages every time I ordered something.  I changed that setting real quick let me tell you.  Smiley Tongue