Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: "Free money" on commericals

More and more I no longer watch TV programs at the time they air.  I have a DVR and record almost all programs I watch - specifically so I can FF thru the tons of commercials played.  Until I got the DVR I never realized how many commercials there are!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Chrystaltree wrote:

I don't watch commercials.  I flip on one my shopping channels during commercial breaks.

@Chrystaltree  That’s what I do unless I have to do something around the house. That’s about the only time I watch QVC.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That commercial by Matthew Mc. the actor is very calming and not in your face. Easy money for him and free SUV's probably

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

More and more I no longer watch TV programs at the time they air.  I have a DVR and record almost all programs I watch - specifically so I can FF thru the tons of commercials played.  Until I got the DVR I never realized how many commercials there are!

I do the same thing @Financialgrl   Why would I flip to QVC and watch worse commercials with annoying hosts

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@mspat wrote:

@Financialgrl wrote:

I do the same thing @Financialgrl   Why would I flip to QVC and watch worse commercials with annoying hosts

@mspatAgree

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

There are more and more annoying commercials.  I can't change the channel fast enough.

The Mayhem Guy, The Liberty Bibity Guy to name the two most annoying!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sharke wrote:

That commercial by Matthew Mc. the actor is very calming and not in your face. Easy money for him and free SUV's probably

@sharke Is that the one where he's next to that frozen mountain lake, ice fishing? I love that one!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I am so sick of the Medicare commerials.It doesn't matter what channel either.Old poor Joe,please.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@hellie wrote:

I am so sick of the Medicare commerials.It doesn't matter what channel either.Old poor Joe,please.

I know.........you should hear my husband groan on those. LOL

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@QualityGal You're talking about the reverse mortgage commercial with Tom Selleck.  I wouldn't go within a "light-year" of ANY reverse mortgage.  That said, I think Selleck does an excellent job as a salesman.  The characterization he does is warm and convincing, which is what he was hired to do.