Respected Contributor

Re: "Free money" on commericals

More and more I no longer watch TV programs at the time they air.  I have a DVR and record almost all programs I watch - specifically so I can FF thru the tons of commercials played.  Until I got the DVR I never realized how many commercials there are!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't watch commercials.  I flip on one my shopping channels during commercial breaks.

@chrystaltree  That’s what I do unless I have to do something around the house. That’s about the only time I watch QVC.

Honored Contributor

That commercial by Matthew Mc. the actor is very calming and not in your face. Easy money for him and free SUV's probably

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

More and more I no longer watch TV programs at the time they air.  I have a DVR and record almost all programs I watch - specifically so I can FF thru the tons of commercials played.  Until I got the DVR I never realized how many commercials there are!

I do the same thing @Financialgrl   Why would I flip to QVC and watch worse commercials with annoying hosts

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Financialgrl wrote:

I do the same thing @Financialgrl   Why would I flip to QVC and watch worse commercials with annoying hosts

@mspatmacAgree

Honored Contributor

There are more and more annoying commercials.  I can't change the channel fast enough.

The Mayhem Guy, The Liberty Bibity Guy to name the two most annoying!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

That commercial by Matthew Mc. the actor is very calming and not in your face. Easy money for him and free SUV's probably

@SharkE Is that the one where he's next to that frozen mountain lake, ice fishing? I love that one!

Respected Contributor

I am so sick of the Medicare commerials.It doesn't matter what channel either.Old poor Joe,please.

Honored Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

I am so sick of the Medicare commerials.It doesn't matter what channel either.Old poor Joe,please.

I know.........you should hear my husband groan on those. LOL

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal You're talking about the reverse mortgage commercial with Tom Selleck.  I wouldn't go within a "light-year" of ANY reverse mortgage.  That said, I think Selleck does an excellent job as a salesman.  The characterization he does is warm and convincing, which is what he was hired to do.