Honored Contributor

Re: ••• "Fashion Police" new show was tonight •••

@lulu2  Byt they liked NeNe, which I find amazing. I can't stand her!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Big Sister wrote:

I was so disappointed to see NeNe was on the show.  Does anyone know whether she will be a regular?   If so, I will not be watching.

@Big Sister, NeNe was just a guest.

"Joan Rivers’ daughter Melissa Rivers takes her late mother’s place, as the newest co-host of the show, along with returning panelists Giuliana Rancic and Brad Goreski...

...The all-new “Fashion Police” format features celebrity guests on each episode. This week, “Real Housewives of Atlanta” alum NeNe Leakes and comedian Margaret Cho stop by..."

(http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/fashion-police-premiere-giuliana-rancic-melissa-rivers-brad-goreski-...

dooBdoo, thanks for the info about NeNe being only a guest.   I hope she is a guest just that one time.  To me, she is an unlikeable cartoon.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@lulu2  Byt they liked NeNe, which I find amazing. I can't stand her!

I can't stand her either. She's OBNOXIOUS!

Trusted Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

I watched a few minutes of it, then turned the channel.  I thought it was painful to watch Melissa try to imitate her mother.  

The first thing I thought when I saw Melissa was..gosh she looks like Joan with her over face lifted botoxed look!  Such a shame she is going down the same road with all the surgery and scary face.

Respected Contributor

I missed the show and will try to catch a rerun. I will give it one more try. Not the same without Joan.

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

I missed the show and will try to catch a rerun. I will give it one more try. Not the same without Joan.

Precisely the point of the NY Post column!

Esteemed Contributor

I happen to like Melissa, and I wish her the best of luck on this renovated show. I can imagine that her heart is still broken (and may always be). I'm going to cut her some slack and wish her success. 

I was never a fan of this show, even with Joan. I loved Joan to pieces but I didn't like when she was scripted. I loved her when she was candid and off-the-cuff, and said whatever popped into her head. That was the REAL Joan. 

I also thought the show was pretty mean spirited. Maybe it will all work out. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I missed it and can, hopefully, catch a rerun.  Now, if they'd just get rid of Guiliana, it would be a home run for me!!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@june22 wrote:

@IamMrsG wrote:

I watched a few minutes of it, then turned the channel.  I thought it was painful to watch Melissa try to imitate her mother.  

The first thing I thought when I saw Melissa was..gosh she looks like Joan with her over face lifted botoxed look!  Such a shame she is going down the same road with all the surgery and scary face.

You and I seemingly saw it the same way.  I'm not trying to blame Melissa for anything as I'm sure she has advisors, managers and producers.  That said, though, based on the few minutes I watched, it seemed like a Joan Rivers impersonation, i.e., the look, the comments, even the intonation when she spoke.  I thought it was painfully sad.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.