Respected Contributor

Re: "Fantasy 'e-Shopping'" for yr friends/family

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn  Just wanted to say that the threads you start are so positive and upbeat and so are your posts, whether replying to other threads or your own.  🤗

~~~~

@SloopJohnB 

aww... Thank you so much!  You made my day!  Woman HappyHeart

@MakeUpMaidn   Totally true!  Heart

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vermint wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn  First of all, prayers for your sister...and all your family! Hope she does well, and heals quickly.

My fantasy would be to buy my late parents a nice house. They never had a really "nice" place to live. There wasn't much money to go around, and what there was went to me and my two brothers.

My parents worked hard all their lives. My mom, especially...25 years, most of them on the midnight to 8:00 am shift in a cotton mill. Daddy worked days. They did this so they wouldn't have to pay a babysitter---no such thing as daycare back then. Mom went to days as soon as she could after we got old enough not to need a sitter, but it took her awhile to transfer shifts. By then, her health was broken, and she was never really "well" again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

@vermint 

Thank you for prayers for my sister!  I'm so nervous & scared abt this, I cant wait until its over & she's well.  Im sure she's even more scared & nervous than I am (& her beloved hubby of 30+ yrs)

@vermint 

What incredible devotion of your parents.  And what incredible recognition, gratitude, & love from you, to them, it's so apparent!

I have no doubt that they know of your love, devotion to & appreciation of yr beloved parents.  And they will get their fantasy house!  with all their preferred bells & whistles. 

And additionally, they also *know* they have a wonderful, wonderful child of theirs also, knowing this both then, & now!

Merry Christmas, & Happy Holidays, @vermint  & beloved parents Heart

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My late Mom had her problems, & issues, and many of these she came by honestly. 

But, at the same time, she worked sooo hard to make her life, & the life of her (4) spread out children perfect, so she could be proud of her #1 goal in life, to be a "good mother."

She was an absolutely *perfect* Cook & Baker, remarkably so!  She was Martha Stewart before there was a Martha Stewart, and Julia Child before there was a Julia Child. 

And believe me, I kept her busy with her Specialities, with all the activities I was involved in, requiring offering up "Mom catered" Banquets & Feasts as a result.  And she pulled of each & every one of them *marvelously!*   remarkably!   phenomenally!  Ppl talked & talked abt how wonderful they were

So I have (2) "Christmas Fantasy gifts" for my late Mom:

#1) An Ultimate "Love of her Life"  exactly the guy she wanted, forever & ever.  She wanted this so incredibly. She tried & tried, & never seemed to achieve this.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYSgaxSn_3N_Rv7WH09Utr0TgF4sa44JpRBFJm6URd&s

#2) Mom was "born & bred New Englander," several generations so, & incredibly proud of it!

My 2nd fantasy gift to my late Mom is the PERFECT "Lobster meal" cooked perfectly (even better, or just as good as hers, if that's wht she wanted).  And with none of the usual accoutrements.

I never saw anyone so sup on a Lobster like she did, & take soooo long to do so, even the skinny little legs!!    It wasn't "my thing," but watching her little, tiny body, enjoy every square millimeter of a fresh, non-previously frozen lobster, was a delight (& sheer entertainment) heh

Merry Christmas Mom!  Forever Happiness & Love always!

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/117149629/photo/close-up-of-fresh-steamed-lobster-with-herbs-in-grey-plate.webp?s=612x612&w=gi&k=20&c=rMGakaa4Lu2B9UldF5Z7MleyUUdgSl2SJ1JYlzkTsb8=

Respected Contributor

Update to above:

Ref: My sister & the DVD's i "Fantasy e-Shopped" to her above.

She'd just watched "Noelle," using a newly purchased "SomeKinda *stick" her husband just bought her, just as I struck the "ENTER" key above.

Her hubby said, "dont bother getting her the above 2 DVDs." 

Today, my sister said "YES, she'd love the DVDs cause this new "SomeKinda "stick" movies come & go & she cant record it.

So I'll get her the above 2 DVDs for Real!

But she also wants "The Christmas Shepherd" (2014) (as in 'German Shepherd') (starring Terri Polo).     I've been singing the praises of this Christmas movie since it first came out!     and was sooo hard to find. It hadnt been commercially made until recently, like maybe last yr or 2.

Well, I found it on Amz, --> $80 + $4 S&H!!!      and only one DVD left!!  (499 Feedback, 5 stars!!)

Hmmm

I guess maybe    I'll get her the Combo pack that incl "The Christmas Shepherd?" Called sis. She said "Combo Packs" come in 3 DVDs usually, & that that's good enough.

I've played this "Christmas Shepherd" up so much, I hope she enjoys it as much as I do.  I've seen it twice this season already! (on Hallmark & DVR'd)  (But I need a perm copy too..)

I just have to coordinate this Amz direct delivery with her Hospital Operation/Stay - (1 week+ from Nov 30th.  Open heart surgery) so it safely arrives at her home when someone is there to receive it..

Apologize, this is long.  I've been thinking out loud & I'm excited to get this to her, and she wants it! Two DVDs, for sure, she loves, watched over & over, borrowed.  Now, her 'hot little hands" can see r/l DVDs whenever she wants!

Maybe I can make this "Fantasy e-Shopping Gift" *really* r/l happen