Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: "Fabrication" vs. "Fabric"

@aggravated Let's not forget "color story". 🤔

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Every time I hear this word used wrong (the designers say "fabrication" as well~!)....I cringe.  Same way  when people say "irregardless."    

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Am I the only person here who suspects that at the hosts' weekly staff meetings someone announces the Word of the Week?  Each time you use that word, you get $10 ....  and this week's word is fabrication ... or denim friendly ..... or fashion forward ..... or blah blah blah ...... 

Who knows what goofy incentives they give in staff meetings?

LOL. When I first started watching QVC way back, I swore the same thing when every host was using the word "phenomenal." It was getting to the point where I started counting the number os times in a show it was used. Of course, then there's the one host who kept using the non word "volumptuous,"  instead of "voluptuous" and no one seemed to correct her. On top of that she used it incorrectly as well. I think she eventually went to HSN.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@BorderLuv wrote:

Every time I hear this word used wrong (the designers say "fabrication" as well~!)....I cringe.  Same way  when people say "irregardless."    

At least fabrication is an actual word. Irregardless is not, but since it's been used so much, people tend to think it's an actual word instead of the double negative that it is.