Trusted Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

Surf - actually some actress gave her daughter the name James. My daughter is thinking of it as a middle name for her girl/boy in honor of her dad. But I did get a laugh out of your post!!

That was Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds who named their daughter James.

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

It's on E that Leah and Brandon Jenner named their baby "Eva James." I guess that's what's known as covering all bases....Woman Very Happy

If covering all bases means giving a really pretty and unique name to their baby then I agree. If it's a jab at Caitlyn,then  I call a low blow. A lovely , inocent newborn  girl and her parents don't warrant that.  I like the name!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: "Eva James Jenner?"

[ Edited ]

The name James may be Leah's mother's maiden name. Or it may go back to a grandparent. Reese Witherspoon was named after her grandmother Laura Reese. Jessica Simpson named her daughter Maxwell. Ashton Kutcher named his daughter Wyatt. I had girls in my classroom named Shawn and one named Alex. 

Valued Contributor

Re: "Eva James Jenner?"

[ Edited ]

deleted by poster
Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember Major Dad & Polly Esther?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@surfk wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

It's on E that Leah and Brandon Jenner named their baby "Eva James." I guess that's what's known as covering all bases....Woman Very Happy

Who knows. They may have named the baby that because s/he was born a hermaphrodite. But they don't wish to fully reveal that until they get a reality show signed.

Or it could be that should the child grow to be transgendered, it can swap "her" current middle name for "his" new first name - when the time comes. One does want to be prepared for all the possibilities.

And who knows, maybe they just love Eva Gabor and James Bond. Perhaps they wished to honor the "Green Acres" star and the British spy in some manner.

I mean, so many people these days, forget to pay honor to really any of the Gabor sisters anymore.

Although...I THINK that perhaps (just PERHAPS, mind you) its more likely that as James is a rather common English name, it could have stemmed from that.

Yes. The baby was named after Eva Gabor and some English relation.

That's it, for sure!!! Smiley LOL

james_family_crest.jpg

It was just a joke. They can name their kid anything they want to. I've just never heard of a girl names James.

So sue me.

I was just teasing you back or in return. Smiley Happy

Yorkie!  That is the way I took it, too.  Both of you were making a joke......no snark.......

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Yorkie,I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be snippy.  I just know many jabs are coming at Caitlyn and I reacted.  I love and do make rude jokes. I'm just supportive of the trans community and girl babies named James! LOL!

Trusted Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

I like it better than Reese Witherspoon naming her son Tennessee.

Tenessee Williams did well with that name. 

My daughter is having a baby in a few weeks. I won't be surprised by anything. 

Esteemed Contributor

@debcakes wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

I like it better than Reese Witherspoon naming her son Tennessee.

Tenessee Williams did well with that name. 

My daughter is having a baby in a few weeks. I won't be surprised by anything. 

That's what I was thinking:  Tennessee Williams. You could call him "Tenn."

It's kind of hard to know when someone is teasing on this particular board LOL but glad to hear it...

Esteemed Contributor
Shouldn't we draw the line at making fun of a baby ?

Just like us I'm sure they feel they have the right to name their child whatever they wish and would strongly defend their right just as we would.