Respected Contributor

Re: "EMERGENCY" ITEMS YOU KEEP IN YOUR CAR?

@gidgetgh , me too.  I travelled regularly for work.  Always have 3/4 to a full tank of gas. LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Desertdi @RedTop , my father always had sand in the trunk for traction.  We are winter prepared with a change of clothes, flashlight, shovel, blanket, candle,  I don't leave water in the car as it will freeze in winter but take it and food when travelling.  LM

@Lilysmom1    I worked at a resort in the Chicago suburbs, and they recommended we keep a change of clothes, in case we were stranded by weather and had to stay over.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi , we know winter here on East Coast Canada..  I just ordered the glass breaker/seatbelt cutter for both vehicles.  

@Tinkrbl44 , great post!  LM

Honored Contributor

Jelly beans for possible low blood sugar episodes. They are a life saver for me. Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

In my purse and/or in the car, my pistol
A seatbelt cutter/window breaker tool

Pair of sharp scissors 

Roadside Emergency Kit that we bought. Has everything one might need, including jumper cables, thermal blanket, flashlight w batteries and much more. Packed into a sturdy, compact orange canvas bag. Easy to spot in the trunk. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

Glass breaker and cutter.  A case of water, blankets, food, dog food, pillow, sweater, change of clothes, car tools, books, puzzles, hat, umbrella, shoes, bible, quite a lot if ever I'm stranded.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@Desertdi @RedTop , my father always had sand in the trunk for traction.  We are winter prepared with a change of clothes, flashlight, shovel, blanket, candle,  I don't leave water in the car as it will freeze in winter but take it and food when travelling.  LM

@Lilysmom1   Oh yes the sand in the trunk!  Way back then I remember my father putting on chains on the tires.  You could here the sound of those chains on all the cars.

(Yikes I'm old.)

DH and I never used all weather tires, either.  We bought snow tires.

When I moved down here, people thought I was kidding and that we put tires made out of snow on our cars!!  LOL    They really thought I was making a joke. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

Pair of sharp scissors 

Roadside Emergency Kit that we bought. Has everything one might need, including jumper cables, thermal blanket, flashlight w batteries and much more. Packed into a sturdy, compact orange canvas bag. Easy to spot in the trunk. 

@fairydogmother 

Sounds like a great emergency kit!   Any chance you remember where you bought it?

Respected Contributor

Battery jumper device.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

Pair of sharp scissors 

@fairydogmother 

Sounds like a great emergency kit!   Any chance you remember where you bought it?

No I'm sorry. Possibly in the auto dept of Walmart or an auto parts store. Amazon probably has a selection of them too. 

Harmonize the World