Honored Contributor

Re: "Doug" actor on Days of Our Lives passes at 98

Sad  to read that Bill passed away..😥😪

he was a loving husband to Susan  and will be missed.on Days!

Sending prayers 🙏 to Susan,her family,close friends 

and fans like like us !

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@spiritoo wrote:

Oh I'm sad to hear this. I lost my 96 year old beautiful mom in November and I loved her so much. Even though a person makes it to a great old age it is still so sad for the loved ones left behind.

I loved Doug and Julie through the years, and what a lovely relationship Bill and Susan had in real life. I remember Doug's Place and he would sing with Robert, I believe his name was. The French man who was on Hogan's Hero's. That was a great time on the show!!  Rest in peace Bill!!❤️

@spiritoo   I remember those days on Days !   I used to watch with my mom .   He used to sing at Doug's place , I remember one particular song ". I'll be loving you Always ".  He would sing to Julie .    Oh and the little French guy Robert , I think that was his name .  

Robert LaClare, in real life Robert Clary, he was a Holocaust survivor, died not too long ago. 

Honored Contributor

A few months ago DV D yke made a guest appearance on Days, he did about 5 episodes and there was a scene with the 2 guys at 98 and Susan doing a rendition of Tea For Two, adorable. 

Honored Contributor

@On It

The Horton's were Julie's grandparents.  Their daughter Addie was Julie's mother.  

Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@On It

The Horton's were Julie's grandparents.  Their daughter Addie was Julie's mother.  

That is correct, but she lived with the Hortons. Hers was one of the first dramas I recall. She was pregnant with David.

Honored Contributor

He was blessed with a long life, i do remember him,and her from watching years ago.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@On It 

Yes, Julie was sent to live with her grandparents as a teenager because she was too much of a handful for Addie.  

As a teenager, I did not like Doug.  The storyline at that time in my life was right after he got out of prison and came to Salem.   He was attracted to Julie, then he married Addie and fathered Hope, Addie died and he married Julie.  As a young teen, I thought it was a sick story and didn't understand why Mom watched that every single day!

Respected Contributor

@mormel20 It has been a few tough months for the DAYS cast, first Victor and now Doug, so sad and he has been entertaining us for years.

Frequent Contributor

Right! Robert LeClare...thanks! Such a wonderful time that was on DOOL! I guess I was in my late teens, and I remember having my mother watch the show for me because I was in high school. No recording VCR's back then. I got her hooked!  Wonderful writing and great storylines. Soaps were in there heyday then with bigger budgets, etc.

Honored Contributor

Bigger budgets for sure, Days cast would travel all over the world to film, Adrienne and Justin had a fabulous Greek wedding in 1987.