Honored Contributor

"Daniel" makes my heart ache and my stomach fall -- it touches me that much.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

In honor of Elton John's March 25 birthday, here he is singing "Daniel",  one of the most poignant of the songs he created with Bernie Taupin.  Presumably done from the perspective of a younger brother of a soldier, (I've heard the story, but not sure if that is 100% correct) it tugs at the heartstrings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFJ2YrztYUg

@Oznell 

Such a lovely video!

Thanks so very much for posting this link Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I saw him in concert in Atlanta many, many years ago. In my mind, it was life changing. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor
From the moment I first heard him sing and play! Wow AMAZING.
Honored Contributor

I can't wait to see "Rocketman"!  I've been a big fan of both Elton John & Billy Joel for decades and saw both many times in concert.  Both are amazing performers!

Super Contributor
Yes, I saw a movie poster, for Rocket Man just yesterday when I was inside a Harkins theatre; IIRC, it will be showing in April/May.
Trusted Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Irish1210 wrote:

One of my all-time favorite performers : )

First saw him in 1976 ~ enjoyed many concerts since then ~ Love him!!!!

@Irish1210  I've been a fan of Elton's ever since I can remember. I saw Billy Joel in concert in 1978 lol.

@colliemom4   I lived right near Billy Joel and when I was in H.S. my friends and I used to go see him play with his band at the local bowling alley!  He was seriously talented even then.  (I had a crush on the drummer).  So many of his early songs have such meaning for me, they are about people and places where I grew up.

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

@Irish1210 wrote:

One of my all-time favorite performers : )

First saw him in 1976 ~ enjoyed many concerts since then ~ Love him!!!!

@Irish1210  I've been a fan of Elton's ever since I can remember. I saw Billy Joel in concert in 1978 lol.

@colliemom4   I lived right near Billy Joel and when I was in H.S. my friends and I used to go see him play with his band at the local bowling alley!  He was seriously talented even then.  (I had a crush on the drummer).  So many of his early songs have such meaning for me, they are about people and places where I grew up.

@Harvard99   That is so interesting and awesome! Thanks for sharing that with me. You must have such wonderful memories and a special love for his music. I've always felt he was one of the most talented artists ever. I never tire of listening to him.

Trusted Contributor

@colliemom4   I also love Elton John but I never saw him in concert so I think Billy just has a special place in my heart.  Of course, we were just high school kids then, but living around NYC in your late teens and twenties, we got to see and meet some great people in the music biz..  It was quite, well..... interesting!  Woman LOL

I moved to northern California in 1976, before he became really popular.  I'll never forget one day while driving, I heard one of his songs on the car radio.  I recognized the voice instantly, before they even said whose song it was. 

It was fantastic to realize that the kid I knew from the bowling alley had made it big nationally, that he was a huge success.  It was so great for him, he had dropped out of high school and had no plan B in life, other than music. 

He was just a nice, truly down to earth guy and it seems he still is, still living close to where he grew up.

I also think he's one of the greatest songwriters ever, ever and he still, to this day, has a great voice.  Thanks, yes, I'm lucky to have these great memories.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell   I must give you credit for posting the Elton John British Christmas piano commercial as I'm sure that's how I came across it : )