Trusted Contributor

Re: "DADS ON DUTY" CALMED A SHREVEPORT HIGH SCHOOL

[ Edited ]

@Zernia Rose  

That is nice of you to say. I really appreciate it.  Take care  💐 

Honored Contributor

I love that these men stepped up.  Great examples for the kids to see.

Honored Contributor

I can't even express how much I love that the twin themes that this story represents are not lost on viewers/readers--   that parents can and should be right there at the schools, impacting their children's educational experience, and that fathers can not be marginalized in society, and should not, for the good of all.    

Trusted Contributor

Parents have never been prevented from being involved in their children's education. In fact, one of the biggest peeves I've heard from educator friends is the lack of parental interest, the low turnout for parent teacher meetings, etc. It was a complaint when I was raising my daughter.

Suddenly, the push for parental involvement is all over the news because there's an agenda. Where were these people over the last 30 years?

Men are not marginalized in our society. Men enjoy privileges that women do not, like walking on a sidewalk without being harassed.

I'm not sure where this idea of fathers being marignalized comes from. But again, I'm thinking it's agenda driven, perhaps a slap at feminism.