Trusted Contributor

Oh boy... shows how things are relative to where we all are.

It's going to be "cooler" here this weekend.  I'm in Phoenix, AZ.  We're expecting rain and... drum roll... highs in the upper 90's!!!!   

To us, 98 degrees in late July is cool!   Today it's supposed to be 112.

When we get our first 80 degree day in October... we're positively giddy and bringing out the jackets!   Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: "Cooler" Here This Weekend!

Here in Chicago, it's going to be in the high 70s - very pleasant. 

The last couple of weeks, we've had some very oppressive humidity and high temps - upper 90s. 

Honored Contributor

LOL.  We have the same thing in the winter.  With many days below 0, when it hits 30's people go nuts.  Either extreme is no fun and also dangerous.  Enjoy your cooler weather.

Honored Contributor

It's only 70° right now with 91% humidity. We have had temps 100°+ pretty much the whole month of July. It will be in the high 90's this weekend & back to the 100° temps next week. It won't start cooling off until next month.

Honored Contributor

It is all relative.  We had 6 or 7 days of high 90's and they said "cooler" today and the weekend and even next week.  The heat wave is over.   It is indeed raining today but it's not the 75, they said it was going to be.  It's 82 and the next few days are going to be 85.  Sure, cooler than 95 but not all that much cooler.  Not enough to notice.  But!  I am not complaining.  Summers are short in New England and I would rather have a hot hot one than one of those cool drizzly summers. 

Respected Contributor

Stay safe in the heat!

❤️

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

I am in the PNW and it is predicted to be 85 today which for us is very hot.  Right now it is 75.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Hot Street wrote:

Oh boy... shows how things are relative to where we all are.

It's going to be "cooler" here this weekend.  I'm in Phoenix, AZ.  We're expecting rain and... drum roll... highs in the upper 90's!!!!   

To us, 98 degrees in late July is cool!   Today it's supposed to be 112.

When we get our first 80 degree day in October... we're positively giddy and bringing out the jackets!   Smiley Very Happy

I know, I'm in Peoria and can't wait for it to cool down and rain. There was thunder this morning about 5:30. Hopefully this cool down last a few days. 💧💧💧💧💧💧💧☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️☔️