Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@hckynutjohn   My husband uses the large Instant Folgers from Costco...not interested in anything else....except when RVing out comes the Farberware old school percolator.

@phoenixbrd 

Used to get that super large instant Folgers from our Costco, but they longer stock it. They now only carry the Nescafe Instant Choice brand. Disappointed they no longer carry it.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Sounds way, way, way too strong for me.  And bitter too.  

Valued Contributor
My parents only made stove top percolator coffee. It smelled so good when we came downstairs in the morning while growing up. Perked coffee is the best and the hottest!
Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

Sounds yummy!

Am I too late to join you?  Oh, I need the address too.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

A kaffeeklatsch (sp?) with you, @sceniccoast ,  would be a treat!

Trusted Contributor

Re: "CAMP FIRE COFFEE"

[ Edited ]

I always remember my grandmother when I see a little percolator. She always had a small little metal one on the back left gas burner of her stove. That was its spot. I could always smell the coffee when we would come into her house. My great aunt had a tall, shiny electric percolator she used for her ladies luncheons she had at her house. My mother donated it many years ago but I remember it well...don't remember the brand but it had a swirl pattern on the front.  

Contributor

I changed to a percolator (Farberware) about 3 mos. ago. I've had several Keurigs and assorted drip coffee makers, but got sick of always having to descale. And then the thought of accuulating  mold finally got to me. It take awhile to get the "recipe" just right for one's particular taste, but there is no going back for me! Love the aroma, hot temp and taste. And best of all, I know it is clean throughout every time I use it. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Percolators are coming back.  They received some negativity when Keurig and others arrived, and I am assuming to push their K-cups, etc.

I had a percolator, too but sadly it is gone.

I've seen them online  and thought about getting another one recently.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh