Trusted Contributor

Re: "Becoming Your Parents"😄

These are our favorite commercials. We see some similarities and it's hilarious. 

Some people take themselves way too seriously.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Super Contributor

@on the bay @I really like these commercials. They make me laugh. If I find I am doing something my mom use to do (raised by mom after dad died young)  I actually get a good laugh and feel honored to be like her. She was a wonderful, strong, loving person. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden.

No you have to really scrub it!😄

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

These parent commercials for progressive.

The new one-the guy washing his trashcan-I mean doesn't everyone? lol! I do.😅

"The hedges are a mess!"

For me it was oh there's a leaf-and I would pick it up.

Oh my gosh these are so funny because they are me. The airport one-that lady- I have thought the same things lol!

@on the bay 

Guess I am missing all this funny stuff. Via DVR, I skip past commercials. Glad to hear there are some with humor.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

They're all funny because I can see myself in them, my favorite is about signs...I collect antique signs & I always laugh when he tosses one in the trash can. ❤ Dr. Rick.

Esteemed Contributor

There was a really good home warranty commercial, where the faucet erupted over the tomato sandwich but she wasn't bothered!  She knew who to call!

And then a lady got blown out of her house and down the sidewalk in her armchair because the HVAC malfunctioned. She waves to her neighbor as she whizzes by.

That always made me chuckle.

Cogito ergo sum
Frequent Contributor

I live these Progressive commercials. The one that cracks me up most is where he throws away the “live, laugh, love” sign. This is so my older sister! She has word signs all over her house - “kitchen”, “eat”, “family”, etc. Dr. Rick would be quite busy at her place. Of course, I’m sure he’d have a field day with me, too.
Valued Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@on the bay wrote:

These parent commercials for progressive.

The new one-the guy washing his trashcan-I mean doesn't everyone? lol! I do.😅

"The hedges are a mess!"

For me it was oh there's a leaf-and I would pick it up.

Oh my gosh these are so funny because they are me. The airport one-that lady- I have thought the same things lol!

@on the bay 

Guess I am missing all this funny stuff. Via DVR, I skip past commercials. Glad to hear there are some with humor.

hckynut 🇺🇸

Of course I wash my trash cans..they are kept in my garage.Cat LOL

Trusted Contributor

@lkat wrote:

@layla2450 wrote:

I change the channel when these commercials are on. They are REALLY IDIOTIC. The main actor is BEYOND ANNOYING. I can't believe people think they are funny, but I'm NOT surpised.

Good grief, lighten up.  No need to insult those that find a commercial funny.

Woman LOLWoman LOLWoman LOL

Regular Contributor

@PugdogMom wrote:
I live these Progressive commercials. The one that cracks me up most is where he throws away the “live, laugh, love” sign. This is so my older sister! She has word signs all over her house - “kitchen”, “eat”, “family”, etc. Dr. Rick would be quite busy at her place. Of course, I’m sure he’d have a field day with me, too.

I love these commercials as well! 

One of my pet peeves are the signs you mention around the house. My opinion only, this is a trend that needs to go away already. Why anyone feels the need to label their rooms is a mystery to me.

'KITCHEN'...really?  Why o why do you need a giant sign for this? Are you confused? The fact that there is a refrigerator and range top in this room should be the first and only clue you need to identify the room.

'LAUNDRY', same thing. There's a washer and dryer in there for gosh's sake.

And the 'FAMILY' decals or signs above that gallery wall of your kids photos? Whelp, I ASSUME you don't have a wall of photos of strangers on your wall, therefore....

So tired of walking into Hobby Lobby & decor stores and seeing endless iterations of these signs. Yeah, I know, folks like them and no one's forcing me to buy, but really Dumbest. Trend. Ever.