Honored Contributor

Re: "Becoming Your Parents"😄

These comments are so funny and I'm laughing all over again😅

@Jaspersmom,yes, I can no longer wait til 5 lol! 

The elevator guy. @MamaWick,

perhaps you are right because out of all of them, that wasn't the funniest to me.

Then I started thinking, wait, I was kind of like that lol!

I always thought shouldn't I say hi or something so we are not all pretending we are a block of wood here?! 

Oh my, but then I realized, ok maybe people just want to be a block of wood. I can adjust but secretly I'll be saying hi and discussing the weather, the appts, getting off the right floor, etc in silent lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I think it's adorable. I remember one from the past where the Dr. Takes all the pillows off the woman's couch and told her there was nowhere to sit (as he put them on the floor). It reminded me of my couch! 🤣

Reminded me of my daughter.....throw pillows galore in her new house. Not my style don't know where she picked it up  Woman Very Happy

My family teases her about the abundance of throw pillows. She and I bolth love those commercials, tho'. She teases me about the voicemail...I'm still "getting use to" my smart phone  Woman Happy

Clever ads.

Honored Contributor

Instant channel changer for me.  

Honored Contributor

And let's all remember to bring our snacks to the airport..😅

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I love these commercials! If you are a fan of Dr. Rick (like me) you might enjoy his book. I sure did. Amazon also has a witty mug collection featuring his best sayings ("we all see it....we all see it.) ! I love to laugh at myself and my generation. I know all these people. Life is too short to get offended over every little thing (too many big things for that) so I try not to. More fun to laugh at the wisdom of Dr. Rick.

DR. RICK WILL SEE YOU NOW: DR. RICK: 9780578992921: Amazon.com: Books

Trusted Contributor

I change the channel when these commercials are on. They are REALLY IDIOTIC. The main actor is BEYOND ANNOYING. I can't believe people think they are funny, but I'm NOT surpised.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

These parent commercials for progressive.

The new one-the guy washing his trashcan-I mean doesn't everyone? lol! I do.😅

"The hedges are a mess!"

For me it was oh there's a leaf-and I would pick it up.

Oh my gosh these are so funny because they are me. The airport one-that lady- I have thought the same things lol!

@on the bay     There was a guy advertising in our local neighborhood group wanting to wash out yard waste and recycle containers for X amount of dollars.... I wonder who in the heck would pay someone to wash them out?  I mean, get out the hose... and spray them out on a hot sunny day... done... for free...   

Honored Contributor

I don't find the Progressive commercials to be funny.  I don't find them objectionable either.  They're just boring.

Some of the Allstate commercials with Mayhem Dean Winters are hysterical.

Trusted Contributor

@layla2450 wrote:

I change the channel when these commercials are on. They are REALLY IDIOTIC. The main actor is BEYOND ANNOYING. I can't believe people think they are funny, but I'm NOT surpised.

Good grief, lighten up.  No need to insult those that find a commercial funny.

Honored Contributor

I just want to throw something at the progressive man, he is so condescending.  "We don't need a line monitor." uggggggggggg

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."