Honored Contributor

"Becoming Your Parents"😄

These parent commercials for progressive.

The new one-the guy washing his trashcan-I mean doesn't everyone? lol! I do.😅

"The hedges are a mess!"

For me it was oh there's a leaf-and I would pick it up.

Oh my gosh these are so funny because they are me. The airport one-that lady- I have thought the same things lol!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: "Becoming Your Parents"😄

I'm sorry but I hate when these come on.  These people are not becoming their parents, they are becoming children.  The one in the elevator; I would smack him so hard.  I realize they are supposed to be amusing but it makes me feel like they think we are stupid. AND what's wrong with people being like their parents???  Some parents are awesome.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have my own idiosyncrasies.    They are  much more "creative" than my mother's...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I get it. We either think they are funny or not. It reminds me of a similar thread about this before where a lot thought these were disrespectful to parents.

I remember thinking my mother would think these are funny too.

I feel I can laugh at them and at the same time totally love, and respect and admire my parent, and laugh at myself too.

I think we all are different in what we think is humorous and that's ok.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I can deal with most commercials. I tune out most of them or record shows so I can fast forward through them. 

Some of the ones about teaching young homeowners to be adults crack me up.

But I hate the tv dad commercials. 

Esteemed Contributor

The satire is brilliant.

Lighten up!  We take ourselves waaay too seriously at times.

I hate commercials but these are really funny, IMO.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

They always make me laugh or at least smile.

Very clever and well written.

Esteemed Contributor

Most are funny, some are not. I don't see them as new "parental" traits, though. Just habits of new homeowners. But funny.

I agree - those "TVDad" commercials need to go.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay I'm right there with you, LOL!   I think they are so funny and the funniest one was the lady he made throw out the "live,laugh,love" sign........OMG my adult kids got such a kick out of that one as I still have mine!    We really do have to be able to laugh at ourselves Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Totally agree!  These are some of the funniest commercials I've seen in a while.  My husband and I just look at each other thinking - this one is about you!