Super Contributor

I've gotten some "as is" tops without issues, I wouldn't do it with shoes, too many moving parts. I'd check to see if another retailer had them on sale.

Super Contributor

I take a chance with clothing items, not with shoes 

Trusted Contributor

I have purchased 'As Is' D&C tops, they were in excellent condition, they do state that the 'As Is' items may be returns or were used for display and cannot be sold as new.  I have never purchased foot wear though.

Respected Contributor

I've never ordered "as is" items but always wonder about them. If they're items someone tried on and just didn't like or it didn't fit, I'd be okay with that. When I go to department stores, I know clothes have been at least tried on. When I realized that some people actually wear the items for a special occasion, then return them, I got a bit scared. I just don't think I could take a chance on shoes, thinking the purchaser would've at least worn them around the house before realizing they weren't happy with them. Some people don't have the same ideas of personal cleanliness; I'm just too chicken to try. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Re: "As Is" item

[ Edited ]

I bought two pairs of leather Alegria wedge sandals last year.  They arrived in the brand boxes, with the tissue paper around them.  Brand new; for $15, free shipping.  $15 for Alegria shoes of any kind? (These were over $80 "new".)

Again, there was a selection of colors and sizes, not single items.  I knew these had been on clearance prior to this, so they were just getting rid of what was left.  They sold out fast, but I was lucky to get the two pairs that I did.

You just have to pay attention to what's being sold and when. 

(Oh, yes, and I got 3 pairs of Martha Stewart embroidered jeans for $5 each, free shipping, from the "As Is" section.  Each pair arrived in original packaging, tags attached.  Once again - a selection of sizes and colors were available.  IMO, that's the key.)

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't buy someone else's shoes no matter how they look. As my mother used to say, "You don't know where their" (in this case, feet) "have been."

Honored Contributor

@miss ellie  - I've ordered As Is items over the years including shoes, purses, clothing, and jewelry.  I've never had a bad experience and everything was in stellar condition.  As others have stated, you still have the same 30 day return policy if you don't like the product.  You have nothing to loose.

Respected Contributor

Go for it. I have ordered several pairs of shoes as-is and they were brand new; still in original packing, etc.