Occasional Contributor

I have my eye on a pair of "as is" earth origins sandals, but am afraid of their condition.  Does anyone have experience with "as is" items?  Thanks!

Valued Contributor

I've ordered at least a dozen As Is items in clothing and they looked new. I didn't have to return because of their condition. I would give it a try.

Honored Contributor

Re: "As Is" item

[ Edited ]

@miss ellie  I've ordered literally dozens of items from "As Is" over the years and never had a bad experience.

I've ordered shoes, clothes, household items; pretty much everything arrived in like new condition.

That's not to say you'd never get something less than stellar, but you still have the same 30-day guarantee.  And "As Is" doesn't mean that, if you received a pair of shoes badly worn, dirty, etc. that you shouldn't send them back as defective.  No one should be sent an item like that.  But they may not be in the original box, for example.

I've gotten some great deals on Alegria shoes that were pristine.  One hint:  I look to see if there are several colors/sizes available, which means they're probably just closing out the line.  (As opposed to just one or two of on item.)

Valued Contributor
@miss ellie

I ordered a pair of "As Is" shoes once and it was not a good experience.

Whomever had worn the shoes previously had extremely smelly feet. I could smell it before opening the shoe box.

I never purchased "As Is" shoes again.
Contributor

@miss ellie   I have ordered "as is" Kim Gravel, Susan Graver and have never had an issue at all. They have always appeared in new condition to me as well....good luck.

Frequent Contributor

I've never had an issue with any "as is" items that I have ordered over the years - and I've ordered a lot.  Even with as is, you can still return for a refund.

Honored Contributor

I don't know which shoe you're interested in, but some of Earth's sandals have no way to adjust them, are very wide, even in a medium width, so they don't fit many people.  I walked right out of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Thank you everyone.  Maybe I'll gove it a shot!

Esteemed Contributor

I've done very well with "as is" items. They look brand new to me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have also had a good experience with "as is" items.  They all looked in perfect condition. It is a good way to save money if you can find something you want in your size.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead