Honored Contributor

Re: "Amazon" canceled order scam

I've gotten a few supposedly from Walmart & Amazon "regarding your recent order" knowing I haven't ordered anything from either.

Respected Contributor

Thanks! I think my first thought, rather than a phishing scam, was"Who gas been using my Amazon account!?"

Then it sunk in..of Course..who wouldn't be curious ?

but I deleted before opening...when I got 4 the next day, and the next...All in my junk folder...I figured they probably get at least a few people to open them...

I also notified Amazon

Respected Contributor

I just received one few days ago.  I purchased a few items last week so I checked the order number that they listed against Amazon's, and knew it was a scam.  I immediately deleted the email.  These lowlives are relentless!😤

Super Contributor

I received this as well. I hovered on the link in the email. It shows the website without clicking on it. Mine was to a posh spa or someplace.
Honored Contributor

I received a message about a canceled order 3 times today from Amazon.  The first time I got it, I knew I hadn't placed any order in months.  I went to my account and no orders were showing opened or just canceled.

I did try to type the item numbers into the Amazon search and nothing came up.

When I rec'd the other 2 e-mails, I just deleted them without even looking.

Respected Contributor

I get things like that all the time.  Amazon, walmart, cvs , target etc.  I dont look, just delete.  Dont open anything.

Honored Contributor

There is also one going around that says something about your order cannot be completed ...please contact us or your order has been delayed ... please contact.  Never open these.  Check the actual companies you have ordered from and check status there.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

I got it yesterday at my hotmail address which Amazon doesn't even have. I only use that one for a few other things. All my Amazon legitimate e-mails come to a different e-mail address than hotmail. Knew it was a phony.

Frequent Contributor

Agree  --  Scam Big Time!  Thought/knew there was a problem, but I stupidly "clicked" on it AND. .. .   Scam Notice!     Many thanks to the efficient and patient people at Microsoft for solving the problem.  Thank You,  Microsoft!

Honored Contributor

@funinthesun wrote:
I received this as well. I hovered on the link in the email. It shows the website without clicking on it. Mine was to a posh spa or someplace.

@funinthesun, always a good idea. Still, even if it looks like the right address but there any other red flags, delete and then go to the website on your own.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland