Valued Contributor

Re: "Amazon" canceled order scam

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Is this the latest scam, or it suddenly just happening to me right now?.. I receive an email  to the effect "your recent Amazon purchase has been cancelled"..I guess you are supposed to open it to see what it is...I did not...anyone else  get these?

Yes, I get that scam Amazon email at least once a week and have never once opened it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

@Mothertrucker

Got it. Immediately deleted it. I knew I had not ordered anything. Checked Amazon later and confirmed that there was no activity on my account.

Yes, another scam. Woman Mad

Cindy

Edited to add...I wanted to clarify that I never even opened the email...I just deleted it from my inbox. As I said, I knew from the title that it was probably a scam.

I have received them a couple times....saying Re:   your

Amazon order and i KNEW i hadn't ordered anything...

so when i see it i deleted it.....deleted it the first time...didn't open..............

Occasional Contributor

I am getting these emails too. I don't open them, even though the email address makes it look like they are from Amazon. 

Occasional Contributor

It's been a while since you posted your initial question, but the scam appears to be back again!

Respected Contributor

Lately I've been getting emails that show purchases on my Apple itunes account - with a convenient link to click "if this os in error."

Always go to your account to check these things.  NEVER click the link provided in the email.

Honored Contributor

I'm still getting the Amazon canceled order scam e-mails.  Usually 2-3 a day and I've been getting them daily since this thread was started.