Respected Contributor

"Amazon" canceled order scam

Is this the latest scam, or it suddenly just happening to me right now?.. I receive an email  to the effect "your recent Amazon purchase has been cancelled"..I guess you are supposed to open it to see what it is...I did not...anyone else  get these?

Honored Contributor

Re: "Amazon" canceled order scam

What does your order status show on the Amazon website?

Respected Contributor

I've not received that email, but I think your instinct not to open it or respond is on target.  If Amazon were to cancel an order (never has happened to me), they surely would include all the order info in the email to you.  That one just sounds toooooo generic!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker

Got it. Immediately deleted it. I knew I had not ordered anything. Checked Amazon later and confirmed that there was no activity on my account.

Yes, another scam. Woman Mad

Cindy

Edited to add...I wanted to clarify that I never even opened the email...I just deleted it from my inbox. As I said, I knew from the title that it was probably a scam.

Honored Contributor

I have never received one from Amazon but I have certainly got several saying they were from Walmart.  I did not open since I knew I did not have any open/current orders with Walmart.  They are phishing.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@Mothertrucker I would delete the email and go directly to Amazon's website and check the status or your orders, and IF there is a question call them directly and speak to a CS representative, I have never received an email from Amazon such as you did!

Honored Contributor

This has been discussed on t he Kindle Help Forum. It's a SCAM to get people who should know better to click on links in the email.

Go to My Account and check for any messages from Amazon to verify. Scam scam scam!

Honored Contributor

A few of them showed up in my junk mail.  I always report them as a phishing scam

Honored Contributor

Wow, there are always new scams right around every corner.  Smiley Sad

I did get an 'order cancelled' email a week or so ago, but it was an actual order that was cancelled due to lack of stock.

Since this can go either way, I guess it's best to just delete the email, then go to your account on another window (no clicking on links in the email!), as another poster mentioned.

The most ridiculous ones I get are the Paypal ones that come to an email address that I've never used with Paypal.  Yeah, ok.  :rolleyes:

Respected Contributor

Dont click on anything.  You can click on the address and it likely will not be Amazon or Walmart or anyone else.  Phishing Scams.