Honored Contributor

"...AND RETURN THEM SAFELY TO EARTH."

I'm 71 and well recall JFK's speech. Been watching all the documentaries of Apollo 11 and this one phrase always makes me tear up.

sniff sniff

Trusted Contributor

Re: "...AND RETURN THEM SAFELY TO EARTH."

I remember everything about the Moon Mission as we called it. I was 12. The entire world was captivated. Such an incredible journey. I still get tears when I watch some of the clips...

Honored Contributor

I was 15 yr old and sat in the den with my family and watched it on our black and white TV. 

Amazing to watch it again as an adult. 

Esteemed Contributor

Me too, @Love my grandkids.  I was a teenager when I saw his speech and thought, "What?  is he nuts??"   Then a few years later, I watched the moon landing and saw men walk on the moon.  Live on TV.   Wow.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

"That's One small step for Man...One giant leap for Mankind."  The most inclusive words ever heard on Two worlds.

Respected Contributor

I’ve been watching the documentaries also! Wow, really something to see all this. My father’s company that he owned, made government defense parts and we were part of the Apollo program. So very proud to say that

Respected Contributor

I was five and still remember glimpses of it. Black and white TV.
I was with nuns at the time. We all gathered on stage in the auditorium and watched in awe. Yes it was amazing!