Honored Contributor

Re: "A GRIEF ENDURED" BY GRAY CONNOLLY

Thank you, @twinsister ,  and @minkbunny ,  and my best to you and yours, as well.  Am glad that Gray Connolly's experience had something meaningful for you.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry to learn of the loss of your husband.  May you find comfort in the memories of your time together and of your enduring love. Take care of yourself.

Respected Contributor

He said what I feel. I lost dad in 2001 and Mom in 2019. Tough day for me today. 

Respected Contributor

Oh the memories this has brought back. My parents lives were different than most I have ever known. They waited to get married until she was in her middle thirties and he was middle forties. This was their choice. He went to Florida every winter when farming season was over. She had a group of friends that did everything together. They worked, bowled, traveled, and saw every new movie. It wasn't unusual for them to see two movies in one day. As my father would say she left no stone unturned. My brother and I were brought up well. My father was 95 and she was 99 when they passed. It wasn't easy to take care of them and raise my sons but I did it. Would do it again.