Respected Contributor

"9/11" Film, ON NOW, Actual Embedded Footage (Says Updated)

[ Edited ]

FYI -

On HLN, from 2-4pm est now, this "9/11" (incl embedded, actual footage.. & updated), is on now.

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Honored Contributor

Re: "9/11" Film, ON NOW, Actual Embedded Footage (Says Updated)

Why would you want to immerse yourself in the pain and horror of that day?  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @JoyFilled Warrior Turned it on.....It is a reminder how life came change in a moment.....

Trusted Contributor

@JoyFilled Warrior , thank you. Just put it on.

Honored Contributor

I lived through that horrific day and saw the Towers burn and go down from across the Hudson River.  The school I worked at was used as a triage after.That terrible sight is still as vivid as the day it happened and always will be.

I watch the ceremony and the tears flow.  I hear the names of those who died and while 21 years have passed I know the families grieve.  I watch because it is a memorial to all those who passed and being so close to it, I do not forget.  Just my experience and thoughts.

Honored Contributor

My daughter worked on the 9/11 fund. There was a specific way the money that was sent/given to the family members of 9/11.

She was still living at home back then. She’d come home, go right into her bedroom. I could hear her crying. Later she talked about the terrible pictures she saw.

Now she won’t talk much about it. She says it brings back so many memories, it’s difficult to sleep.

I will say my daughter made a lot of friends working on this. She said they are a pretty close knit group because they all saw similar horror and understand the emotional toll it took working on it.

I don’t think the country shows enough attention to it like they should.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

<  Unfortunate cause, Deleted by User >

(Pls note: My nick is in progress: - formerly  ~ MakeUp Maidn, briefly, 411 13 I 5 (-> All His), Seeking New Nickname, now testing:  JoyFilled Warrior

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree  I have been watching the shows on 9/11 since they started years ago. I have watched all day except for an hour.

Why do I put myself through it?  It is simple.  The families of those lost, and the people that survived, have lived with the pain and horror everyday since 9/11/2001.

If they can live with it day after day the very least I can do is watch what happened to them even though you never forget.