Valued Contributor

Re: question for ebay buyers/sellers

Lower your price or add "best offer" to your listings if you're willing to accept less.

HOWEVER be prepared for people to offer you literal pennies on the dollar for your items. You can edit your "offers" to be above a certain dollar amount too. Otherwise you'll get people expecting you to take 70-90% off & get offended when you refuse such a low offer. I tell them to pound sand in as nice a way as possible & block those cheapskates from my account (they cannot bid, offer or buy your items once blocked thank goodness!)
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I haven't been on ebay for a long time, but did list a few things this past week.

So I was asked by a buyer if I would offer a discount if she bought all three items.

That sounds fine with me, but am I allowed to do that?  Change the price for her somehow?  Our contact is through ebay messaging only.

I posed the question on ebay and a member answered and said I just can't offer a *sale* price to someone.  

She's interesting in 3 of 4 items I had listed.

I had these items listed as 'Buy it Now'.

I don't want to do anything wrong thru ebay.  Now I just want to end my listing(s) and back out completely.  lol

@Lucky Charm   Tell her you will refund her the difference after she pays the full price.  I have done this many times.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I haven't been on ebay for a long time, but did list a few things this past week.

So I was asked by a buyer if I would offer a discount if she bought all three items.

That sounds fine with me, but am I allowed to do that?  Change the price for her somehow?  Our contact is through ebay messaging only.

I posed the question on ebay and a member answered and said I just can't offer a *sale* price to someone.  

She's interesting in 3 of 4 items I had listed.

I had these items listed as 'Buy it Now'.

I don't want to do anything wrong thru ebay.  Now I just want to end my listing(s) and back out completely.  lol

@Lucky Charm   Tell her you will refund her the difference after she pays the full price.  I have done this many times.

That's exactly what I did because she hit *buy now* at the full price of the items I guess because there were other people *watching*.

But thankfully the refund process was suuuuper easy.  I don't know why I thought it would be hard.  lol