Honored Contributor

question for ebay buyers/sellers

[ Edited ]

I haven't been on ebay for a long time, but did list a few things this past week.

So I was asked by a buyer if I would offer a discount if she bought all three items.

That sounds fine with me, but am I allowed to do that?  Change the price for her somehow?  Our contact is through ebay messaging only.

I posed the question on ebay and a member answered and said I just can't offer a *sale* price to someone.  

She's interesting in 3 of 4 items I had listed.

I had these items listed as 'Buy it Now'.

I don't want to do anything wrong thru ebay.  Now I just want to end my listing(s) and back out completely.  lol

Respected Contributor

Re: question for ebay buyers/sellers

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm The easiest thing to do is to end the 3 listings and create a single new one for the group of items at the agreed to buy it now price. 

An alternative would be to edit each of the listings and reduce the prices by the 1/3 of the agreed to discount, but that can get messy if she ends up not purchasing all 3.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Lucky Charm The easiest thing to do is to end all of the listings and create a single new one for the group of items at the agreed to buy it now price.

@Linmo Thank you for answering so quickly!

There are other people *watching*.  Can I do that with *watchers*.  I had thought of doing that, but thought that the offers would also go to them.

I had thought of ending the listing and then putting it up for just her, but other people might get notified it was 'relisted' and buy it instead.

I know it's probably a no brainer, but right now I'm feeling really stupid, not knowing how to handle it.

I've never had to do an adjustment or refund or anything like that before.

Thanks again.

Honored Contributor

a seller knocked off all shipping once   One time i was  offered a discount 10%.  She did it.  I think she refunded me  you can do that

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm You can edit the item as long as no bids have been placed on them, watchers don't matter.   You can end an item even if bids have been placed.  

If you end the 3 listings and create a new combined listing, a new listing usually takes a few minutes to show up in a search.  You could message her the new item #, so she can search on the item # and purchase it before others will even see it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can end your listings & do a BIN relist of all 3 for one price with For (buyers Name) Only in the title...that will limit the sale to that buyer. I sold primitives-quilts on Ebay until PayPal...as a seller you can end your listings anytime you want.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

An alternative is for the buyer to place all 3 items I'm their cart. Then, when the buyer  presses "view cart" there is a box  " request invoice from seller" they can select. eBay contacts you to advise this buyer is requesting an invoice for the purchase. You are able to put in the price you & the buyer have agreed upon and proceed with the sale.

Honored Contributor

Thank you thank you thank you All!

Honored Contributor

I just bought a new with tags pair of shoes.  I had them in my cart several days and she messaged me a lower price which I accepted. 

Honored Contributor

Many people list things and enable the Make An Offer banner, if I see that I always make an offer for a lower price, and the price can be negotiated too once the buyer opens the banner.