Respected Contributor

Re: question about service or comfort dogs on planes

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

I remember when the only animals that were allowed in a store was a seeing eye dog, now they're all over the place.  IMO, people take advantage of this comfort support BS or else society is truly a mess and there are a whole lot of emotionally crippled individuals out there.  (Just my thoughts on this.)

Maybe Society as a whole is more accepting of how much we love our animals!

I have never flown with my pets, nor been on a flight where those onboard were any trouble at all.

Wish I could say the same for the babies/children on board!  Yikes!  Crying, screaming, misbehaving, kicking seats....I'd rather be next to a dog!

I'm sure it's a real picnic for the parents to be on the plane with crying and screaming kids.  I'm sure they don't like it anymore than anyone else.  Probably worse because they know how bad others' attitudes can be about it. 

I always sympathize with the parents in these situations. I fly often and have never had an issue with animals or kids on flights. I have, on the other hand, had problems with a couple of adults.

Respected Contributor

Re: question about service or comfort dogs on planes

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

I remember when the only animals that were allowed in a store was a seeing eye dog, now they're all over the place.  IMO, people take advantage of this comfort support BS or else society is truly a mess and there are a whole lot of emotionally crippled individuals out there.  (Just my thoughts on this.)

Maybe Society as a whole is more accepting of how much we love our animals!

I have never flown with my pets, nor been on a flight where those onboard were any trouble at all.

Wish I could say the same for the babies/children on board!  Yikes!  Crying, screaming, misbehaving, kicking seats....I'd rather be next to a dog!

Fine, but why spin it and say it's a comfort animal or a support animal or whatever.  Just say you want the dog, cat, horse or porcupine along with you.  It sounds like someone can't get through a trip to the store without the support of their pet.