Honored Contributor

question about returning to amazon through kohl's

[ Edited ]

When I return things to Amazon I usually take them to the UPS store and drop them off.  Today I had a return and didn't have that option.  I took it to Kohl's.  The tracking # begins with KOH.  That's not a UPS, FedEx, or USPS tracking #.  

How do I track this return?  I haven't gotten an email from UPS that they've refunded me, and I want to follow it until I do.

Edited to say:  I figured it out.  I went into my Amazon orders, and you can click on "track my returns."

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

Re: question about returning to amazon through kohl's

[ Edited ]

I have returned twice to Kohl's and within a short time of giving item to Kohl;s I received acknowledgement from Amazon of return the same day, with credit issued shortly thereafter.

Regular Contributor

Its beyond easy to make amazon returns. Thats just one of the reasons I prefer to do all my shopping at amazon. At my Kohls they also give you Kohls Cash to spend in the store when you make an amazon return there.

Frequent Contributor

I took an Amz return to Kohl's w/o any box or label as my instructions said to do. They scanned my text from Amz and said thanks!! That was all. I asked if that was all I had to do and they said it was. Had a couple more errands to do, but got notification from Amz that my return was processed before I even got home. Great service!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's not just Amazon, it's getting to be everybody, but I long for the days when a return label was always included with a shipment. Given that I'm trying to avoid public places as much as possible, I prefer not to go to Kohl's, the USPS or the UPS store... I resent more or less being forced to do so because vendors are too cheap to include a simple piece of paper that would allow me to slap a label on a box and hand it to my letter carrier or the UPS driver that serves my street... Yes, I know, I can print a return label, but that's not really the point... I'd also note, I don't live or die by the cell phone, so sending me little return codes via text is a complete non-starter for me... I suppose I can opt not to order in the first place if returns become more of a hassle... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When Kohl's first instituted amazon returns I found it easier to drive there than the UPS store.  But then Kohl's moved their amazon return desk from the front as soon as you walk into the store to the very back corner of the store.  Of course they would -- because now you have to walk through the entire store and would likely shop along the way.  Now it's easier for me to go to the UPS store.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Valued Contributor

Very smart on Kohl's part to do this.

We took back a very bulky mattress topper that we were sure we were keeping.  My husband didn't have the box so he wrapped it in plastic.  They took it back, no problem.

Gave us 25% coupon and we promptly went to the cookware department and bought some much-needed pots/pans.  On sale, too.

I am happy they do this - who wants to schlep to the UPS store??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This was the first time I've taken an Amazon return to Kohl's.  It's so much easier for me to go to the UPS Store.  I can park right in front and just take the item in and hand it to them.

The Kohl's Amazon return counter is in the back of the store.  I had to park quite far from the door.  It's still great that you don't have to box it up, but I hope they haven't stopped using the UPS Store.  

Amazon did credit my account quickly today.  That's so nice.  I order so much from Amazon that I just have them credit my Amazon account instead of my credit card.  It's available immediately that way.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Love it Love it Love  it.   Did I say Love it.  Great option.  I notified Amazon first to be careful and then I simply walked in with paperwork and they took it and issued me a receipt.  Amazon,on line save me the credit.  Kohls gave me a coupon for percent off of anything I wanted in the store.  I did not shop because I really  did not need anything.  

My ride was about 20 minutes and I spent less than than in Kohls.  

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

This was the first time I've taken an Amazon return to Kohl's.  It's so much easier for me to go to the UPS Store.  I can park right in front and just take the item in and hand it to them.

The Kohl's Amazon return counter is in the back of the store.  I had to park quite far from the door.  It's still great that you don't have to box it up, but I hope they haven't stopped using the UPS Store.  

Amazon did credit my account quickly today.  That's so nice.  I order so much from Amazon that I just have them credit my Amazon account instead of my credit card.  It's available immediately that way.

They haven't stopped using the UPS store for returns.  But when you choose your return option you need to scroll down to see The UPS Store.  They send you an email with the scan code and you show that when you take your item to them.  Very cool, no shipping label.  I prefer UPS because like you i park right in front of the store, not crowded, fast.  Kohl's i have to go to the back of the store and be around many more people.