Valued Contributor

Well, if you're actually doing the cross-body thing, that could be said to be "wearing" a bag, in my opinion. Me, I mostly like satchels with short straps, so I definitely "carry" those.

Now - which is it if it's over the shoulder? {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Regular Contributor

purse pocketbook -handbag seems to be the preferred term on QVC I personally know whatever its called I carry it. And the newest thing-(heard on QVC and elsewhere is to wear it.)

Super Contributor

Well, I carry a purse. I carry the ones with the short straps. I either hold the straps in my hand or in the crook of my arm, NEVER over my shoulder (it always slides off).

Valued Contributor

I use a purse to carry everything I own. Bag sounds like some old plastic or burlap thing thats dirty and all

Respected Contributor
On 3/3/2015 sunala said:
On 3/3/2015 I am still oxox said:
On 3/3/2015 birkin baby said: I'm still carrying a pocketbook! Lol!!!

In the NYC area its still a pock a book Smiley Happy

I am still oxox, I was JUST going to post the same thing hahaha

We love our pockabooks! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

That's how I heard it too (pockabook) as my family moved from the East Coast to CA but I always called them purses because that's what everyone else called them on the West Coast. Only from Qvc did I get into the strange habit of calling them handbags.