Honored Contributor

I wonder how many of these proud Americans have served in the military?  My son did ,and if he saw something like this, he would not be upset about it..he wouldn't agree with it, nor would he be a part of it...

Honored Contributor

By who's yardstick are we supposed to measure patriotism? 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@esmerelda 

I responded

———-

A marriage is so much more than a piece of paper.

just like freedom is so much more than a piece of cloth.

@sidsmom The question was about a ring, not a piece of paper. I don’t see your answer to that.

Same-same..

Just a piece of metal.

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Sorry, but what is a BB parade?

@ValuSkr It's the Bud Billiken parade in Chicago.  I'm not sure this actually happened though.  I'm not finding any news stories about it...just a facebook post from a group I don't recognize.

@WenGirl42 

I just looked and I don't see anything about this online.   If it's to be the source of the outrage, it would help for us to be able to see exactly what happened.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

It would bother me but in this day and age, the way things are you need to keep your mouth shut.

@CelticCrafter  Sad, isn’t it?

Yes, if you say something that someone does not like and they are exercising their 2nd Amendment right to carry a gun, you could be shot on the spot.

I

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Back in the day, I got schooled pretty hard w/ the Flag Burning topic.

Back in the 80s, there was a flag burning which went to Supreme Court (I posted upthread).  

I was so upset!!! 

I started dating a young man who just finished a tour in Germany for the Air Force. When this topic came up, I SURELY thought he would agree with me..that we should all put kick those flags burners out of the country!

But....no.

He explained that’s why he served our country.
To keep that right. 

My mind did a 180....and I’ve never looked back.  

Today, my SO (different gentleman) spent 3 tours defining that same right..and yes, he said the exact same thing.  

My guys love for our country touched me in a way I will stand firm for that right, as well.  If one is serving our country without really understanding these basic principles, they shouldn’t serve. More harm, than good. 
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ValuSkr It's the Bud Billiken parade in Chicago.  I'm not sure this actually happened though.  I'm not finding any news stories about it...just a facebook post from a group I don't recognize.

@WenGirl42 

I just looked and I don't see anything about this online.   If it's to be the source of the outrage, it would help for us to be able to see exactly what happened.

Ahh @dooBdoo , do you think we've been had? Woman Wink

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@WenGirl42 

Ahh @dooBdoo , do you think we've been had? Woman Wink

Giggle.

Like a Twitter Bot...regardless, it’s a good discussion.

Honored Contributor

I suspect 'fake news'.

Honored Contributor

My BF who served on the ground in Vietnam stands with everyone's right to protest, including not standing for the National Anthem, and including burning or otherwise tampering with the Flag.

He didn't fight to protect the Flag, he fought to protect our Constitutional rights and freedoms.