Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Personally I don't think it is a big deal. They only want attention, refuse to give it to them, is the best solution..I certainly think there are far more important issues ,than who rips up a piece of cloth

I am the proud  mother of a vet...

I couldn't have said it any better @cherry 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

One wonderful thing about America is the guarantee of freedom of speech. Protesting peacefully, whether by debating, holding up a banner, marching, or tearing the flag because something about the country is not living up to its promises, is a healthy sign that freedom remains.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

What would you do if you saw someone in a parade ripping apart an American flag?

That happened at the BB parade in Chicago and it was televised on t.v.  The police could do nothing because they said it was her 1st Amendment right.

She even went to the sidelines and encouraged young children to help her rip up the flag.

Something is wrong here.

Offending or destroying of the flag should be a federal crime.

Nope.

It’s just a piece of cloth. 

@sidsmom And a wedding ring is just a piece of metal. Are you as quick to ignore or disregard what IT represents?

@esmerelda 

Like the old saying goes,

’A Marriage License is Just a Piece of Paper’

Yes, I agree

@sidsmom Dodging the question?  

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: proud to be an American

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda 

I responded

———-

A marriage is so much more than a piece of paper.

just like freedom is so much more than a piece of cloth.

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

One wonderful thing about America is the guarantee of freedom of speech. Protesting peacefully, whether by debating, holding up a banner, marching, or tearing the flag because something about the country is not living up to its promises, is a healthy sign that freedom remains.

@libbyannE  WE are the country.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@esmerelda 

I responded

———-

A marriage is so much more than a piece of paper.

just like freedom is so much more than a piece of cloth.

@sidsmom The question was about a ring, not a piece of paper. I don’t see your answer to that.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

According to some, if I don't:

Wear a flag pin

Don't stand for the National anthem

Burn a flag

Then I'm not a proud American? RIDICULOUS!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Any well wishes for the boy who was knocked out with a punch last week for not removing his hat during the National Anthem @newname0 ?

Do you mean the 13-year-old boy that sustained temporal skull fractures and whose ears bled for six hours and has no memory of the day after being attacked by a 39-year-old "man" who said the boy was disrespecting the national anthem, so he had every right to do that?

Yes, I think @JaneMarple meant that boy.

If we're going to define anti-patriotism, this incident comes a LOT closer than someone tearing up a flag.

@QueenDanceALot  Uh...no. Are you kidding?? 😆

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

It would bother me but in this day and age, the way things are you need to keep your mouth shut.

@CelticCrafter  Sad, isn’t it?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Any well wishes for the boy who was knocked out with a punch last week for not removing his hat during the National Anthem @newname0 ?

Do you mean the 13-year-old boy that sustained temporal skull fractures and whose ears bled for six hours and has no memory of the day after being attacked by a 39-year-old "man" who said the boy was disrespecting the national anthem, so he had every right to do that?

Yes, I think @JaneMarple meant that boy.

If we're going to define anti-patriotism, this incident comes a LOT closer than someone tearing up a flag.

@QueenDanceALot  Uh...no. Are you kidding?? 😆

*eyeroll*