Esteemed Contributor

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

What would you do if you saw someone in a parade ripping apart an American flag?

That happened at the BB parade in Chicago and it was televised on t.v.  The police could do nothing because they said it was her 1st Amendment right.

She even went to the sidelines and encouraged young children to help her rip up the flag.

Something is wrong here.

@newname0 

I could not prevent her from destroying the flag but I certainly would have prevented her from asking any of the children I was with to do so. That is my freedom of speech and would have been my verbal protest action against her.

@chicletsYes.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Any well wishes for the boy who was knocked out with a punch last week for not removing his hat during the National Anthem @newname0 ?

Do you mean the 13-year-old boy that sustained temporal skull fractures and whose ears bled for six hours and has no memory of the day after being attacked by a 39-year-old "man" who said the boy was disrespecting the national anthem, so he had every right to do that?

OMG.   I hadn't heard about that.    I hope that horrible man goes to prison for a long time.    

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Honored Contributor

I am hopeful that I will be able to feel proud again in the near future.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

What would you do if you saw someone in a parade ripping apart an American flag?

That happened at the BB parade in Chicago and it was televised on t.v.  The police could do nothing because they said it was her 1st Amendment right.

She even went to the sidelines and encouraged young children to help her rip up the flag.

Something is wrong here.

Offending or destroying of the flag should be a federal crime.

Nope.

It’s just a piece of cloth. 

@sidsmom And a wedding ring is just a piece of metal. Are you as quick to ignore or disregard what IT represents?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

It would bother me but in this day and age, the way things are you need to keep your mouth shut.

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Any well wishes for the boy who was knocked out with a punch last week for not removing his hat during the National Anthem @newname0 ?

Do you mean the 13-year-old boy that sustained temporal skull fractures and whose ears bled for six hours and has no memory of the day after being attacked by a 39-year-old "man" who said the boy was disrespecting the national anthem, so he had every right to do that?

Yes, I think @JaneMarple meant that boy.

If we're going to define anti-patriotism, this incident comes a LOT closer than someone tearing up a flag.

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

But his lawyer says that someone told him to do it!

@mom2four0418  And...?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Personally I don't think it is a big deal. They only want attention, refuse to give it to them, is the best solution..I certainly think there are far more important issues ,than who rips up a piece of cloth

I am the proud  mother of a vet...

Honored Contributor

Re: proud to be an American

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

Something is wrong here.

Offending or destroying of the flag should be a federal crime.

Nope.

It’s just a piece of cloth. 

@sidsmom And a wedding ring is just a piece of metal. Are you as quick to ignore or disregard what IT represents?

@esmerelda 

Like the old saying goes,

’A Marriage License is Just a Piece of Paper’

Yes, I agree with that.

A marriage is so much moremthna a piece of paper.

just like freedom is so much more than a piece of cloth.