Honored Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
Everything is so messed up. People don't realize how good they have it here. That being said, the only thing I have control over is myself. I choose to respect my flag & my country. I choose to stand for my national anthem & put my hand over my heart. That's the freedom of speech I choose. Beth, please don't delete. I'm truly not trying to be political. Thank you.

54EA1C9B-AD02-4BFB-8485-749342C1F3A7.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@SANNA wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

What would you do if you saw someone in a parade ripping apart an American flag?

That happened at the BB parade in Chicago and it was televised on t.v.  The police could do nothing because they said it was her 1st Amendment right.

She even went to the sidelines and encouraged young children to help her rip up the flag.

Something is wrong here.

Offending or destroying of the flag should be a federal crime.

Nope.

It’s just a piece of cloth. 

Honored Contributor

Re: proud to be an American

[ Edited ]

There's a quote by someone to the effect...I would fight to my death for your right to say something even though it is offensive, but when it comes to desecrating the U.S. flag...nope!  

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Any well wishes for the boy who was knocked out with a punch last week for not removing his hat during the National Anthem @newname0 ?

@JaneMarple 

I saw that news report.

Stunning.

So sad we’re at that stage.

Esteemed Contributor

In order for flag desecration to become a federal crime there would have to be a Constitutional amendment based upon several Supreme Court rulings which equated this activity with protected speech.

Periodically Congress has moved this forward but little progress has been made.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Any well wishes for the boy who was knocked out with a punch last week for not removing his hat during the National Anthem @newname0 ?

Do you mean the 13-year-old boy that sustained temporal skull fractures and whose ears bled for six hours and has no memory of the day after being attacked by a 39-year-old "man" who said the boy was disrespecting the national anthem, so he had every right to do that?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

What would you do if you saw someone in a parade ripping apart an American flag?

Not.

One.

Da.mn.

Thing.

I pay to live in this country where I can do this.

Bravo!

@sidsmom  And what of people who don’t pay...they have no rights?

And that’s where my monies are going.

To helpmthose less fortunate and in more difficult situations.

I believe that is where “KINDNESS” comes in.

Respected Contributor

I'm a proud American & I don't like what happened but we are blessed that people are free to show their stupidity too. With freedom comes responsibility...sadly, many have forgotten that & anything goes.

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

But his lawyer says that someone told him to do it!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
QVC Customer Care